Infinity Models Closing Shop?

No one can confirm it at this stage, though the information comes directly from someone who purports to be a personal friend of "the guy who runs/is HpH Models". I personally have no reason to doubt this information. But official confirmation would require an official public statement from HpH Models, and as far as I'm aware, no such statement has yet been made.

Kev

3 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

No one can confirm it at this stage, though the information comes directly from someone who purports to be a personal friend of "the guy who runs/is HpH Models". I personally have no reason to doubt this information. But official confirmation would require an official public statement from HpH Models, and as far as I'm aware, no such statement has yet been made.

Kev

Yeah, very true , I've seen it from 3 different sources but not the owner himself . I keep hoping against hope that it's all just an ugly rumour. I saw the exchange you had on Rumourmonger the nerve of some people! [them not you]. Now I understand why Lions eat their young.

I agree a 1/32 scale Kate from them would be great to go with the Val!

I think plenty of people are waiting for it too!! 

I'll be building the Val soon and the kit looks really good.

I'm currently building their Vampire F3 which is a different animal entirely but very buildable with some TLC! 

This kit reminds me of some of the very early Special Hobby stuff some years back and all you need is a bit more care and attention than normal that's all.

IMO the Val is a quantum leap over the previous Helldiver and Vampire kits and if they stick with it they will do very well in the future!

Let's hope they do!!:coolio:

I would agree that the Val looks like a real winner for them. I would expect for sales to be quite good as it looks well detailed, quite buildable and an iconic subject. At least I hope so…

I was really hoping for the 1/32 Kate too— this news of Infinity closing its doors is quite disappointing. The 1/35 Kate does nothing for me. I am hoping that sales of the Val are sufficient to persuade Infinity to stay in the business…

5 hours ago, BiggTim said:

So how is Infinity connected to HpH?

Infinity Models is the brand name HpH Models chose for its injection-moulded line of kits, to differentiate them from the resin kits that HpH is known for. In other words, they're really the same company.

Kev

10 hours ago, BiggTim said:

So how is Infinity connected to HpH?

HpH are based in the Czech Republic and are makers of full sized sailplanes and custom and limited run model aeroplane kits in resin (and, more rarely GFRP). Infinity appears to be a business unit under the overall HpH umbrella.

I hope that helps.

Kind regards,

Paul

3 minutes ago, Archimedes said:

HpH are based in the Czech Republic and are makers of full sized sailplanes and custom and limited run model aeroplane kits in resin (and, more rarely GFRP). Infinity appears to be a business unit under the overall HpH umbrella.

I hope that helps.

Kind regards,

Paul

Paul, see my earlier post with information from Heinz, explaining that the HpH Models and HpH Sailplanes companies are in fact separate entities (though I suspect they may have started as a single company), with the latter providing the fibreglass production required by the former.

Kev

1 minute ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Paul, see my earlier post with information from Heinz, explaining that the HpH Models and HpH Sailplanes companies are in fact separate entities (though I suspect they may have started as a single company), with the latter providing the fibreglass production required by the former.

Kev

Thanks Kev - duly noted.