Border 1/35 scale FW190-A6. Finito!!

quang

Hello modellers friends, here it is at last! :clap2:

At 08 in the morning, I got a mail from our local model shop to tell me that the Border 1/35 Focke Wulf 190 has arrived. I made my payment at 09, and 24 hours later, the box was on my desk.

IMG-2059.jpg

Without further ado, I ripped open the box and delved into the plastic.

I came back to the surface a few days later to catch my breath and brought back with me these grainy pix that I thought would be of interest.
IMG-2096.jpg

IMG-2082.jpg

IMG-2079.jpg

IMG-2078.jpg

IMG-2077.jpg

IMG-2083.jpg

IMG-2085.jpg

No time for babbling now as I have to return to the fray. But I’ll be back soon to give you my first impressions.

Cheerio,

Quang

Edited by quang

2 hours ago, chrish said:

Wow! 

That’s really nice!

The engine is a kit in itself. It took me 2 full days work to complete the BMW, especially the intricate (serpentine :BANGHEAD2:) exhaust tubes. Plans were not half-bad much didn’t help much. I had to relay on photos of the real engine.

51 minutes ago, Woody V said:

No color callouts in the instructions? 

No color call out anywhere but ‘big boys’ won’t need them and relay on the extensive Eduard instructions sheets.

15 minutes ago, Furie said:

In a YT video I saw that there were decals to make an A-8, but is there the typical "domed" A-7/A-8 engine cowling for the MG131 in the box?

There are 2 decal options for the A6 and two other for the A8. But, unfortunately only the ‘flat’ cowling of the A6 is provided.  The ‘bulged’ cowling of the  A8 is provided on a separate (sprue I) which the Border people kept back for a further boxing :angry2:.

I planned to do an A8 before getting the box, now I will have to change plans.

IMG-2097.jpg

Otherwise, my first impressions are VERY good on par with the new 2023 standard kits I built lately. Mouldings are excellent, the fit is impeccable.
IMG-2069.jpg

IMG-2071.jpg

Details are reasonable and NOT over-stated like on some modern kits.

The beat goes on!

Cheers,

Quang

I have the impression that this is a superb kit, and that the main criticism is the 1/35 scale, which means that this aircraft will be a little smaller in a homogeneous 1/32 collection.
Too bad...
And only one type of flat hood, right?
To make an A-6 it's no big deal, but there's not a huge choice of camouflage for the A-6.
I've just had a look, there's not much.

2 hours ago, Furie said:

And only one type of flat hood, right?

Indeed only the flat hood.
Yet included are the armoured glass panes for the canopy sides. Shown here with the other clear parts after a bath in Future (Klir to us, Belgians).

IMG-2099.jpg

Although not mentioned in the instruction sheet, that bonus,  in complement with the WGr.21 mortar tubes (also included), will allow me to build an -A6 from Sturmstaffel 1, forerunner of the flying fortress destroyers. More difficult would be to find a way to replicate the mailed fist insignia. Hopefully old man Max will come to the rescue (again :P).

Now onto the cockpit.

Cheers,

Quang