DESERT STORM! Building the new Revell Hurricane kit

quang

Great! 

I think this is going to be a fantastic build, and a new Hurri in this scale was needed.

Of course, It happened before I could finish my old Revell Hurricane, that is still somewhere on my bench, with A LOT of scratchbuilding, but this thread is pushing me again...

13 hours ago, quang said:

Except that this time I don’t need to spend my time correcting and detailing since all the goodies are already there, incorporated in the kit.

Furthermore complex as the cockpit is (the wheel wells is not far behind ^_^), it’s made easy by the ingenious design of the kit. No need for adjustment or guessing. Everything clicks with a positive alignment

So this kit is everything the PCM kit isn't.

I'm currently finishing the PCM I started a number of years ago (don't ask)

and I'd bet you finish before me anyway. Sounds like you're having fun at any rate  :thumbsup:

14 hours ago, mozart said:

I have a partially completed, probably better described as partially started original Revell Hurricane where I attempted to follow Radu’s epic build using some resin parts designed I believe by him from (possibly) Grey Matters Figures…..the wheel wells in particular were a challenge. 

I can feel your pain, old chap! :wacko:

On the other hand, here’s the result of 1-2 hour hard work dealing with the plastic parts provided in the Revell kit.

For the sake of my own vanity, I added the plumbing of the air bottle from wire. :innocent:

ACC4-D8-EA-A692-4-C46-B165-B4-C52-A81-B5

36457-A73-8-B69-4-B93-B8-FE-DBEC21-FB918

Proof that Revell can do dome rivets whenever they want.
8-C4-BF6-D0-4921-4543-826-A-DE75-C92-AD5

B42-E9-BAF-03-AF-47-A0-AAC4-09-C810493-B

The wheel wells serve as an anchor to the landing gear (normal) and also of the wing dihedral (critical).
The great number of attachment points assure that you get the right angle and adjustment.
9-CD8-CA42-6983-4101-9-B02-92-B8-C505016

Surprisingly the back plate is also detailed although it won’t be visible in final. But then who am I to say?
CED42-C6-E-7298-4983-8-F2-B-0-FFD8-CC59-

Front part in situ will cover part of your hard work! :BANGHEAD2:
5-D1-A48-C2-CE92-4-F41-801-D-C7-CEA812-B

The whole assembly is given a light coat of Mr.Surfacer 1200 and ready to be painted in 2023.

Until then,

Cheers,

Quang

17 hours ago, quang said:

For the sake of my own vanity, I added the plumbing of the air bottle from wire. :innocent:

Is the air bottle a seperate part ?

kBLzPd1.jpg

4N9LMqD.jpg

I've never seen that stencil applied to a bottle before but I don't think I've ever seen a wartime photo

of a Hurricane LG bay either.