1/32 Revell+AIMS Ju88C-6 F1-XM, 'Fake bomber nose'

Thomas Lund

Just completed this after participating in a 'Shelf-of-Doom' build elsewhere. I bought the A-1 back when it came out in 2008 but quickly found that the camo's for the A-1 were too dull for my taste so I decided to convert to the well known C-6 with a fake bomber nose painted on to fool russian fighter pilots. Got a few resin items from AIMS but the real problem was the 'boxes' under the nacelles on later Ju88's and in particular the bulged gun stands on the rear cockpit. So it was on the SOD for years until I got an A-4 with the necessary bits. But still it did not really move - mojo too low I guess. However during this SOD build i finally found it again and completed it.

Not easy to photograph such a big bugger - my photo tent was way too small. Too bad i didn't finish it a week earlier as we had some snow - would had been a good photo op

cI9CHUx.jpg

rhHq6I2.jpg

XyBPqpY.jpg

9cQIkvr.jpg

NPoLwh3.jpg

x5OfK9r.jpg

E4yOPYy.jpg

snR6fGT.jpg

gd1fJQN.jpg

Nice work Thomas.

Was the upper aft canopy part of Pastor John's conversion set?  As many Ju88 conversion sets PJ has made for the Ju88 and subsequent other aircraft, I think it would be interesting to have a thread showing AIMS conversions in use, especially Ju88's, after all there were 15k Ju88s  made in real life. I am finally, after 10+years in my build queue, going to start a Ju88 T-1 conversion using Pastor John's conversion set. 

Jager

Living on Tulsa Time

Edited by Jager
spelling

1 hour ago, Jager said:

Nice work Thomas.

Was the upper aft canopy part of Pastor John's conversion set?  As may Ju88 conversion sets PJ has made for the Ju88 and subsequent other aircraft, I think it would be interesting to have a thread showing AIMS conversions in use, especially Ju88's, after all there were 15k Ju88s  made in real life. I am finally, after 10+years in my build queue, going to start a Ju88 T-1 conversion using Pastor John's conversion set. 

Jager

Living on Tulsa Time

No - bought the A-1 in 2008, and once the C-6 course was set, I was expecting to scratch the rear canopy. I got wiser, was not going to happen. So once the A-4 came out I got that for the canopy (and the under-nacelle boxes etc). Now, it's been over quite a few years, but AFAIR it's AIMS nose and wing tips only...

Everyone: Thanks :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Jager said:

Nice work Thomas.

Was the upper aft canopy part of Pastor John's conversion set?  As may Ju88 conversion sets PJ has made for the Ju88 and subsequent other aircraft, I think it would be interesting to have a thread showing AIMS conversions in use, especially Ju88's, after all there were 15k Ju88s  made in real life. I am finally, after 10+years in my build queue, going to start a Ju88 T-1 conversion using Pastor John's conversion set. 

Jager

Living on Tulsa Time

BTW I've got a Bf110G night fighter conversion from AIMS, that I need to work up a little mojo to start. A massive conversion

• 2 months later...