FINISHED Fiat G-50 Part Trois *All glory to the Hypno-Fiat!*

RadBaron

• RadBaron changed the title to Fiat G-50 Part Trois *All hail the Hypno-Fiat!*

The will of the Hypno-fiat cannot be understood by man, however whatever it's motivation...

IT HAS RETURNED!

20230725_183437

Perhaps the allure of fresh, unsuspecting eyes at an upcoming local model show was enough to draw it off the shelf of doom, we may never know....

For now, however, we're making progress. I've skipped a couple of steps here, paint touch ups, kit decals applied. And weathering has been applied.

I've tried following Chris Wauchop's techniques, spraying highly thinned black and black/red brown around panel lines, MRP exhaust soot, Tamiya deck tan etc.  And a sharp PrismaColor pencil for some chipping. 

The orange headrest is just the first coat, in an attempted to simulate the worn, weather exposed leather. 

20230725_213855

Trying some different techniques on this one, because who needs a paint mule when you can just risk ruining a complex paint job

20230725_193704 20230725_183434

Test fitting the engine and cowling. This might just work!

The kit decals went on beautifully, thank goodness! I was going to cut paint masks, but got lazy and wanted to get this done, so THAT gamble paid off :thumbsup:

All the little bits and pieces are being finished off and will be coming together in short order!

Denzil 

Edited by RadBaron

• RadBaron changed the title to Fiat G-50 Part Trois *All glory to the Hypno-Fiat!*
1 hour ago, Hans said:

That is a beautifully rendered camouflage scheme, Denzil. The Italian who designed it was no doubt inspired by a spotted octopus  :wub:

Octopuses and maybe a hint of Pinot Grigio :beer4:

Thankyou,  the painting process has been a fun and educational exercise!

21 minutes ago, scvrobeson said:

Fantastic work!  The camo is excellent, and the exhaust staining is really impressive.  That's one skill that I've really got to improve on.

Matt 

Thanks Matt!

The underside staining was just lots of THIN coats of redbrown/black shot at low pressure, built up until it looked about right. Its simple, so have a play with it!

I'm eager to try it on other builds now :D

13 hours ago, Gazzas said:

Thank you for the step by step.  Very useful for future efforts.  Looks marvelous!

Thanks mate, and happy to help :D

9 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

Good to see this back Denzil, some time on the SOD can be a good thing.  :speak_cool::popcorn:

Thankyou :D You're right, a bit of a breather can be a good thing!