New Revell 1/32 Hawker Hurricane?

cbk57

14 hours ago, AlanG said:

Well at least it will be priced well enough for us less well off modellers that cannot afford the Tamigawazokinuts kits everyone seem to think we should all be buying just because....

Not everyone is as flush as others on here.

I for one am looking forward to the kit.

Ditto, and the side-opening boxes are quite handy as you can open both ends and fold them flat for recycling or storage. If the kit's going to get built straight away it gets moved to a lidded plastic crate; if not, stashed in a bigger cardboard box with other kits to preserve integrity.  

Looking forward to seeing the plastic, decals and instructions. I've been teetering on the edge of buying the Fly Sea Hurricane, and was considering a side-by-side build with the Revell one, but it's looking more and more like two Revells and a conversion set for a nautical derivative. 

Tony 

1 hour ago, Thomas Lund said:

Who doesn't - but when I start one, I run a string of duct tape around the sides of the box and cut the lid 3/4 to make an opening lid... helps a little

Brilliant, what a great thing to do. I love a dedicated model builder and you clearly are one. You build a proper box out of the poor box that the model comes in before building the model from the newly built box !!!  That bought a big smile to my face, if we were in a pub I'd buy you a pint for that. :D

On 9/21/2022 at 11:06 AM, AlanG said:

Well at least it will be priced well enough for us less well off modellers that cannot afford the Tamigawazokinuts kits everyone seem to think we should all be buying just because....

Not everyone is as flush as others on here.

I for one am looking forward to the kit.

I'll seconded that , I spent my allotment for the year on the Z-M 109. I'm on a fixed budge now that I'm retired. Might have my youngest daughter get it for me