Ever seen a F-14 in 1:18 with your own eyes?

dutik

Hello!

Was at Gatow (Berlin), taking part in the annually Luftwaffe Museum/ airport festival. As always lot of people, lots of associations and clubs. Firefighters, army paramedics, Berlin Airlift, police department, paras of different nations, veteran associations, Legion 501 (Star Wars) and many more. Plus the exhibition of IPMS Germany.

Some of the large scale models at the modelling exhibition:

imgp5674x0iz7.jpg

imgp5675wziy6.jpg

imgp5676wqefd.jpg

imgp56840sdjh.jpg

imgp5677wlcf0.jpg

imgp5678e8djq.jpg

imgp56794te0r.jpg

Braille scale but noteworthy:

imgp5680ayewn.jpg

DKM Gneisenau battlecruiser aft turret with prewar catapult.

Regards

- dutik

And now for something completly different:

imgp56562qdd9.jpg

imgp5658wre0c.jpg

imgp565944i93.jpg

1:18 scale kit from the nineties, comparable to 21st Century Toys. Looooong OOP. Price for a kit - if you can locate one - around 2.000 USD. Large kit, indeed.

The builder ist member of LSP forum, but has some trouble hosting pics. If we are lucky he is able to mail me a number of his own photos to share them here.

Can't wait :punk:

Regards

- dutik

30 minutes ago, dutik said:

And now for something completly different:

imgp56562qdd9.jpg

imgp5658wre0c.jpg

imgp565944i93.jpg

1:18 scale kit from the nineties, comparable to 21st Century Toys. Looooong OOP. Price for a kit - if you can locate one - around 2.000 USD. Large kit, indeed.

The builder ist member of LSP forum, but has some trouble hosting pics. If we are lucky he is able to mail me a number of his own photos to share them here.

Can't wait :punk:

Regards

- dutik

That Tomcat will get Easixpedro going for sure , stand by for new scratch build thread ! 

42 minutes ago, Oldbaldguy said:

Didn’t somebody do an F-104 in 1:18 as well?  And are the Soviet era jets in the background of some of the 1:1 photos above airworthy or static displays?

Static display only. this is the museum of the German Luftwaffe, featuring collections from both World wars as well as the Cold war, NVA and Bundeswehr.

Sour news: Nowadays it has to be an "anti war" exhibition only, reducing the number of exponats from the vast collection as well as the visibility of the aircrafts. Some of them are partially clad into striped "KZ-cloth" to force this aspect of history into front. Not my cup of tea. But the open air collection is nice, also showing some ground equipment like antiair and radars. Latest achievement: a railway car of the US transportation command. Not bad for an air force museum :D 

Well, if you want to see the stuff omitted by the official Luftwaffen museum you have to go to rechlin. Former proving ground of the Luftwaffe WW2, later russian AF place. We have a topic about Rechlin here, showing my photos from some visits in Rechlin. Heinkel 162, Bf-109F, lots of 1:1 replicas, even a Do-335 B-2 with the long wing guns and a Gotha jet project made into a 1:1 model :punk:

Regards

- dutik

Edited by dutik

I have three of these 1/18th scale Tomcats. They were first sold in 2010, VF-84 F-14A and 2011, VF-154 F-14A. I converted my VF-84 "spotcat" ( very poorly finished ) into a VF-103 F-14B. The factory finish on the VF-154 was much better so, I left her alone. My third one, which is another VF-84 "spotcat", will eventually become a VF-2 F-14D.

Steve

"TOMCATS FOREVER, BABY...!"

On 9/6/2022 at 1:26 PM, Ossington 1 said:

I have all the above and waiting for the others, hopefully. Here is the only kit I have visible: the 1/18th F-18. Oh, and a piece of ID Models 1/32nd vacform F-100 bottom R.

https://ibb.co/pnvPKnW

Hi... the old days!

You can see how I made actually the ID 1/32 F-100 more than 40 years ago at my webpage https://aircraftinplastic.com/models/f100/f100.htm here...