1/32 Revell Messerschmitt Bf109 G-2 converted to an F-4 Trop

monthebiff

14 hours ago, John Stambaugh said:

Have always liked the RLM 78/79/80 tropical paint scheme. 

The fine job you are doing sir is inspiring. Thank you.

Thank you John, pleased you are enjoying this one. I have an E-7 Trop to build in a fairly similar scheme to this as well.

Regards. Andy 

• 4 months later...

A bit of urgent help needed if anyone is in the know, just completing thos build and sprayed a coat of Tamiya flat clear and although I thought I had thoroughly removed the salt after weathering it has bloomed before my eyes and whatever I do as soon as it dry its back

20230915-220602.jpg

20230915-220608.jpg

20230915-220653.jpg

Of anyone has any ideas then please let me know but otherwise this one is going to be heading to the bin which is really gutting after all my gard work and so close to finishing.

Regards. Andy 

Do you have any micromesh?  6k to 12k grit?  I would try wet sanding first.  Being careful and gentle you might get it back to where you can save it.  Add a drop of dish detergent to your cup of water for lubrication.   Hold the micromesh on your fingertip...   don't use a sanding block.

I'm really sorry, because all my work was ruined by the penultimate coat of varnish... 
Have you tried in a very small area (ideally the underside of the plane) with various products applied to a Q-Tip?

Rubbing alcohol, F-gasoline, white spirit, thinner, IPA, distilled water?
Ideally, you'd like to reproduce this problem on a garbage model, so you can try out all the possible solutions.

Thank you all for your replies and suggestions. Never had this happen before and after thinking about I've always used an enamel based coat as my final coat of paint when I'm finished but this time I used Tamiya Acrylics which obviously set of a chemical reaction.

So after trying a few things I decided I had nothing to loose so grabbed a load of the wife's make up sponges and then used Tamiya thinner to wipe over the surfaces quickly followed by a dry sponge. I did this over and over and this is what I have now

20230915-232049.jpg

20230915-232113.jpg

20230915-232130.jpg

Seems to have worked and at that point I thought f@#k it and take the canopy masking of and see inside the cockpit again as was thinking this was heading to the bin. I'm not spraying anything mote on to those build but need to sort the now glossy exhaust stains. 

Regards. Andy