1/32 Revell Messerschmitt Bf109 G-2 converted to an F-4 Trop

monthebiff

On 4/14/2023 at 11:42 PM, monthebiff said:

I shall have a look Matt, the Revell G-2 is a nice base kit to backdate. I know a lot of people call the Revell 109's but they are great value and with some careful work build up nicely but you do need a set if replacement U/C legs as the kit parts are like plasticine unfortunately

Regards. Andy 

Ha, yes, I have a 'few' of the Revell 109G-6, 2 and 10....

I like them, I like Revell's philosophy...

U/C is a bit of a fag... but I have one that has sat on it for a few years... I'm a tight* git so always try to use kit parts where I can...

Matt

*I suppose 'tight' is a relative term, seeing as I have a few ZM and WNW kits that weren't cheap by any standards... :)

EDIT : I totally missed your latest post when replying. That looks great, really captures the feel of someone getting some camo colour down quickly with quite a wide fan of paint... NICE!

Edited by mattlow

4 hours ago, mattlow said:

Ha, yes, I have a 'few' of the Revell 109G-6, 2 and 10....

I like them, I like Revell's philosophy...

U/C is a bit of a fag... but I have one that has sat on it for a few years... I'm a tight* git so always try to use kit parts where I can...

Matt

*I suppose 'tight' is a relative term, seeing as I have a few ZM and WNW kits that weren't cheap by any standards... :)

EDIT : I totally missed your latest post when replying. That looks great, really captures the feel of someone getting some camo colour down quickly with quite a wide fan of paint... NICE!

I'm with you Matt, I do like Revell"s philosophy also and if I look through my stash I probably have more than I think, multiple Ju-88's, 109's, He-111's,  Spitfire's and a couple of Arado's. All excellent kits in my eyes, easy to build and great value for money but as you say the U/C legs are generally like plasticine :rolleyes:

Regards. Andy 

Camouflage finished tonight and pretty close to what I had in my mind so happy

20230419-212846.jpg

20230419-212933.jpg

20230419-212903.jpg

20230419-212959.jpg

Just need to get a coat of RLM 02 on the leading edge slat positions and also have a look through the bin for my masking tape which took a poorly glues panel away from the lower wing :clap2:

Regards. Andy 

• 3 weeks later...