1/32 Revell Messerschmitt Bf109 G-2 converted to an F-4 Trop

monthebiff

• 4 weeks later...

Some more progress and now looking like a 109 with the wings on and wheel wells painted 

20221215-214734.jpg

20221215-214753.jpg

Plenty of seams  to fill and sand, control surfaces fitted and get the cockpit closed up and ready for some undercoat. 

Regards. Andy 

• 2 weeks later...

Some more done on the F-4 adding flaps and tail feathers

20221227-180024.jpg

20221229-172339.jpg

Also finished off preparing the Squadron windscreen adding a armoured screen from an Eduard E-4. Getting close to paint time now.

Regards. Andy 

Edited by monthebiff

My apologies Andy, I’ve missed this thread completely but just enjoyed reading through it all with an early morning cuppa and choccie biscuit (just one!). I love watching your clean precise work but I have to say your monumental “error” with the IP certainly wasn’t typical. Just goes to prove that no matter how experienced we might think we are c*ck ups can easily be made…..and learned from! :P:D  Following now chum. 

14 hours ago, mozart said:

My apologies Andy, I’ve missed this thread completely but just enjoyed reading through it all with an early morning cuppa and choccie biscuit (just one!). I love watching your clean precise work but I have to say your monumental “error” with the IP certainly wasn’t typical. Just goes to prove that no matter how experienced we might think we are c*ck ups can easily be made…..and learned from! :P:D  Following now chum. 

Pleased you enjoyed the read over morning coffee Max and hopefully didn't make you choke on your choccie biscuits laughing at my stupid error:Dicky for me I spotted it straight away before fitting the side panels as it would have been a whole lot different then!

Regards. Andy 

Important step completed today getting the fixed parts of the canopy glazing in place and in particular the vac screen from Squadron which is intended for the old  Hasegawa kit.

20221230-172347.jpg

Also turned my attention to the landing gear, I'm using SOW gear legs as the kit parts are like plasticine and Reskits equally superb wheel set

20221230-145951.jpg

20221230-204522.jpg

A big step up from the kit supplied parts and will look very ice under a coat of paint.

Regards. Andy 

1 hour ago, MikeMaben said:

Hi Andy, looking good ...

...but don't paint this line. It's just a seperation in 2 glass panes

the front one swivels like the windwing on a car.

wsA2HTh.jpg

Thanks for looking in and putting me right Mike!

Regards. Andy