Hobby Boss 1/32nd B-24D Liberator

tomprobert

Thats a GREAT looking Liberator, Tom.  I havent seen any of the heavies built up without a fortune in aftermarket and usually MAJOR surgery.  This looks great. I still dont have the room for such a beast, but thats really a nice result.  

16 hours ago, aircommando130 said:

That's a great looking D model Tom! It does get some bad publicity, but it looks

like a Liberator when done. I have that same kit with some aftermarket parts as 

well. Want to build mine up as a Carpetbagger black liberator. 

Great job! 

Cheers...Ron

I agree Ron, there are some errors but you wouldn’t mistake it for anything else that’s for sure. And a Careptbagger would be a very interesting model - get cracking!

11 hours ago, MARU5137 said:

Tom,

What a wonderful  looking B-14 D Liberator. 

She looks SPLENDID. 

STUNNINGLY GORGEOUS  build.

:clap2:

:wow:

Bravo.

:bow:

Many thanks @MARU5137

10 hours ago, Citadelgrad said:

Thats a GREAT looking Liberator, Tom.  I havent seen any of the heavies built up without a fortune in aftermarket and usually MAJOR surgery.  This looks great. I still dont have the room for such a beast, but thats really a nice result.  

There’s loads of aftermarket available for this kit but other than the wheels, which are rubber and too big, I personally don’t think much else is needed. I usually put aftermarket seat belts in but other than that I rarely buy additional parts for kits as suddenly your budget has trebled!

10 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Terrific work as always, Tom!

Kev

Much appreciated, Kev!

1 hour ago, Greif8 said:

Outstanding work Tom!

Ernest

Thanks, Ernest. 

26 minutes ago, dennismcc said:

That looks great, I was sorely tempted by this kit when it came out but I had to pass as I have nowhere to put it once it is built.

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks, Dennis. I think, with a few tweaks, you could modify the main spar and have the wings detachable so storage would be less of a concern. 

22 minutes ago, MikeMaben said:

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Thank you, Mike!

10 minutes ago, Martin Kubis said:

Very nice and clean job....great Liberator there.

Thanks, Martin. 

Beautiful work Tom! I'm really looking forward to having a go at this one some day. It's funny, that as much as I couldn't unsee the B-17 nose shape and found it utterly offensive, I can quite happily not even notice the wing shape on the B-24.......

Funny what one finds important isn't it?

Loving your work as always!

Craig

7 hours ago, brahman104 said:

Beautiful work Tom! I'm really looking forward to having a go at this one some day. It's funny, that as much as I couldn't unsee the B-17 nose shape and found it utterly offensive, I can quite happily not even notice the wing shape on the B-24.......

Funny what one finds important isn't it?

Loving your work as always!

Craig

Thanks, Craig - appreciated! 

I know what you mean about the wing aerofoil shape - I did consider having a go at improving it but the work involved was too much as I was building this as an alternative for the more complex projects I have on the go and therefore would risk getting bogged down. I don't find it detracts from the model too much, and for some reason I think the OD paint helps disguise it somewhat - perhaps metal schemes cause the light to reflect in a way that makes it more noticeable. Full respect to those who have the skills (and balls!) to correct it, but that was not for me!

Tom