Kotare 1/32 Spitfire Mk.Ia (Mid), with Mk.I (Early) and Mk.Va announced

John Stambaugh

48 minutes ago, Archimedes said:

Hi All

I checked out some of the comments Kotare have been putting online regarding future plans. Here they are for your interest:

Q. Will there be a Spitfire Vb?

Richard Alexander: We've certainly designed it to accommodate future versions so it's almost certain a Mk.V would follow sometime in the future. Early Mk.Va/b needs a new oil cooler, cockpit sidewalls, instrument board, control column (Vb/Vc), seat, engine cowlings, spinner & airscrew, (for wooden blade Rotol), wings (Vb or Vc), canopy, wheels, undercarriage (Vc), tailplane (Vc). So, potentially quite a few extra parts, but nothing beyond our abilities. No promises though. Richard.

Q. Will Kotare stick to WWI Props?

Mark Robson (owner): At the start of this venture I sent Richard a list of over 80 subjects in 5 scales for him to consider. Interestingly, the Spitfire Mk 1 was not one of them! He has his own wish list so basically no modelling genre is off the table.

Q: Is a BoB Bf-109E also one of possible future releases, or is it complete no way when there are multiple Emil already out there (Eduard, Trumpeter, HGW...)?

RIchard Alexander: Wouldn't rule anything out for the future at this stage. The Spitfire does need something to shoot down.

Q. What about earlier Bf109: A/B/C/D?

Mark Robson: Noted.

Q. Do Kotare have plans for the next release be after the Spitfire Mk1a?

Richard Alexander: Absolutely! To be fair, it'd probably be reasonably disingenuous to suggest it would be anything other than some other sort of Spitfire. But after that.. We're not really saying. But hopefully whatever we do next after the Spitfire would be domething to compliment our first kitset. 

Q. Any chance of a Beaufighter in 1/32. Why nobody, apart from the old Revell offering, has done one is beyond belief.

Mark Robson: We love the Beaufighter! But it’s a biiiig project. Maybe in a little while when momentum builds

Q. have you considered a Siemens-Schuckert D.III/IV? The one model that WNW missed.

Kotare Models: An SSW D.III or D.IV is not in our immediate plans but who knows what the future holds. In the meantime, a very nice 1/32 D.III can be built from the nice Roden kitset with a little extra work.

I hope that answers some of the questions this group may have! I also noticed one guy asked about a series of McLaren cars in 1/24 and that certainly was not dismissed out of hand. Maybe a nice big M8B in orange….

Best regards,
Paul

Thanks Paul - my money is on a LATE Spitfire Mk I to follow their MID Spitfire Mk I.

Intriguing comment that hopefully what they do next will compliment their first kitset. Does that mean the Late Spit, or a different make of aircraft? Hurricane? 109E? Defiant even, thinking BoB.

22 hours ago, Randy said:

With every pending release there's always this excited wild speculation.  People are gauging the quality of this kit and offering opinions based on nothing more than 3D computer images.   We have no idea of the fit, accuracy of scale and details or quality of the plastic and decals.  Maybe it's fun to play that game, but I prefer to be patient and wait for the build reviews. 

That's not 100% true. The Kōtare pedigree is one of true excellence, run by former WNW staff. Now that they're doing what they want, instead of what PJ wanted, this is sure to be a kit that sets the bar very high indeed.

11 hours ago, Archimedes said:

Q: Is a BoB Bf-109E also one of possible future releases, or is it complete no way when there are multiple Emil already out there (Eduard, Trumpeter, HGW...)?

RIchard Alexander: Wouldn't rule anything out for the future at this stage. The Spitfire does need something to shoot down.

Q. Do Kotare have plans for the next release be after the Spitfire Mk1a?

Richard Alexander: But hopefully whatever we do next after the Spitfire would be domething to compliment our first kitset. 

Toldja...   Hurricane MK1 and then a 109E to complete the BoB trilogy.

4 hours ago, Gazzas said:

Toldja...   Hurricane MK1 and then a 109E to complete the BoB trilogy.

On their live feed Q&A the books that were on the table in front of them featured a great many Spitfire tomes but also a couple for the 109 and one for the Hawker Hurricane.  But let's not read too much into the tea leaves...

In the stash I have at least one of every mark Spitfire offered in 1/32-1/24 scale. So my 1st thought is that I don't need another.

But the point made by LSP K2 regarding Kotares expertise and passion to establish a new standard for this model means that I will have one.

And besides; this level of excellence really should be rewarded generously

Certainly wouldn't blame them for doing an accurate 109 Emil, for Kotare to do some well engineered popular subjects that will sell by the bucketload makes a lot of sense and from there they can start releasing  over Spitfire marks while working on some more projects under the radar!

Regards. Andy 

Actually we do not really need another accurate Emil but as Dragon did not build their kit to be modular enough to release the Jumo versions and had no interest in releasing them, this stays relevant. Moreover, any good 109 kit is a license to print money! I think a Hurricane Mk.I, a BP Defiant and a good Stuka Bertha are also quite probable BoB choices.

5 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

Newoooooo Beaufighter or Emils. Please.  I want Griffon Spitfires. The later the mark the better. These designers have Spitfires loaded in their brains. Just keep on a going with that.  

Exactly! Start with the I and go through to the 24, picking up Seafires and PR versions with the occasional diversion to such things as the Mk II LR and AirSea Rescue jobbies. Early and late Merlins, Griffons, high-back, low back, clipped wings ….. I think I need a cold shower :blink: