1/35 Academy AH-64 Apache + Master gun and antenna

artoor_k

• 4 weeks later...

Great topic! If you can get the Eduard cockpit set I’d highly recommend it. Kangnam/Academy has ejector pin marks on the instrument panel, so this will need a little work. It’s buildable however; I built the Kangnam kit years ago.

Cheers,  Tom

On 6/29/2021 at 6:04 AM, Uncarina said:

Great topic! If you can get the Eduard cockpit set I’d highly recommend it. Kangnam/Academy has ejector pin marks on the instrument panel, so this will need a little work. It’s buildable however; I built the Kangnam kit years ago.

Cheers,  Tom

I will look for it but none of the hobby shops in Poland has it now.

I’ve looked for years myself without result. I’m experimenting with making my own instrument panel for the Academy kit when I get around to building it using a Silhouette Portrait cutter. In any case, model on!

Cheers,  Tom

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

Very cool!

If you are so inclined, looks like there may be a good solution for a super realistic IP, as well as it having to work the sinkarks in the OOB IP.

https://rfstudio.hu/termek/228

Except the RFS set is 1/32 for the Revell kit, while the Academy kit is 1/35 as it’s a repop of the old Kangnam kit.  The RFS set is likely too big and may not be able to be cut down to fit without cutting into some of the detail.

28 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Except the RFS set is 1/32 for the Revell kit, while the Academy kit is 1/35 as it’s a repop of the old Kangnam kit.  The RFS set is likely too big and may not be able to be cut down to fit without cutting into some of the detail.

Duh, I didnt even notice it was the 35th scale version!

I'm sure I'm not the only person on this site who'd love to see a really accurate Apache in either 1/32nd or 1/35th (or both!). For such a successful airframe, there really is a poor supply of decent kits in the "one, true scale" (sits back and waits for the screams of condemnation...)

ICM, are you listening?

Chris. 

+1 for new Apache! 1/18 would be best but not from Hobby Boss :) Not only AH-64, there is RAH-66, AH-56, Mi-28, Ka-50, Ka-52 and of course  Airwolf and Blue Thunder :D

Progress from today...Small detail but in styrene looked awful. I've used wire net after removing plastic.

05t2cL3.jpg

Edited by artoor_k