Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

9 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

Eduard Bf-109E 3, 4 and 7

Interesting. While I assume the Dragon/Cyber kits may be better in some ways, as far as I am aware, the Eduard kits still hold their own.

11 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

Well no one on LSP or my club members want them.  These kits have been around a longer time than not.  Maybe anyone that would want one already has one or more. 

Dont have any of these but if your sending them out to a triff store ill give them a home. Hell i can even do a dual build with my 8yr old thats getting curious about my hobby

On 3/28/2022 at 11:30 PM, Dpgsbody55 said:

Birthday present.  :thumbsup:  Now all I need is a new IM LSP of this plane.

z5PLWk.jpg

Hopefully I may be able to find more books on Italian WW2 planes, as I have very little info on them in my library.

Cheers,

Michael

Hope this helps.

Courage Alone: The Italian Airforce 1940-1943
By: Chris Dunning
ISBN-10: 9781902109091
Savoia-Marchetti S.79 Sparviero Bomber Units
By: Marco Mattioli (Author), Richard Caruana (Illustrator)
ISBN-10: 1472818830
Combat Units of the Regia Aeronautica: Italian Air Force, 1940-43
By: Dunning, C.
ISBN 10: 187118701X / ISBN 13: 9781871187014

https://www.stormomagazine.com/books4saleUsedRA.htm

:beer:

Cheers, 

Dave

It is sad when a local hobby shop closes, and this time it is Hobby Junction in Montreal's West end, just next to Dorval Airport (now Trudeau Intl Airport).

Went to visit last week and got a few kits plus various decal sheets in 1/48 and 1/32.

These 3 kits cost around $ 220.00 CDN total, so about $ 175.00 US. Not a huge discount from the store, but still a good deal. The F-4 was just $ 70.00 CDN or $ 56.00 US and a lot of plastic for this price! 

3OVgSWw.jpg

Also got this on a previous visit. Just too cool to pass on. Thinking of combining with a plane of the era, a racer or something. Still need to work on this. An old but nice kit.

wHjfExQ.jpg

Alain

I went to Hobby junction when they announced it was closing back in march. Shame to see another local store go. 

Saber dog is a nice catch didn't see jt when i was there! 

Good haul

7 hours ago, Neo said:

I went to Hobby junction when they announced it was closing back in march. Shame to see another local store go. 

Saber dog is a nice catch didn't see jt when i was there! 

Good haul

Going there was fun with kits stacked up to the ceiling. Much is gone now, but still hard to go through all what remains without missing something!

The Sabre kit is quite impressive in the box. 

Alain

24 minutes ago, Alain Gadbois said:

This is a great idea, thanks!

Alain

There were a few kits in that particular series. I have the '60 Thunderbird and would eventually like to grab the Mustang as well. Nice score, Alain.

3 hours ago, denders said:

I picked up that same F-4 kit last fall when I stopped in a shop in VA, while we were on a trip. It was $54, that seems to be the going price. Of course, I've added to the cost quite a bit with AM for it. :lol:

I just built this F-4. She's in the decal stage right now.  I used a Red Wolf 3d cockpit decal set, some Kitworlds ejection seat decals, and GT exhaust cans. Other than that, oob. I thought it was a nice kit. Makes for a big plane...lol

On 4/8/2022 at 4:02 PM, LSP_K2 said:

There were a few kits in that particular series. I have the '60 Thunderbird and would eventually like to grab the Mustang as well. Nice score, Alain.

I have a few 1/32 vehicules picked up new and second hand at shows. They are nice kits, even if the tooling is ancient. You can search the internet for photos of the real thing to help paint in correct colors if you want and add accurate details. I found a Ford brochure with all the possible interior/exterior color combinations for the Ranchero. The pick-up looks horrible on the box top but is actually quite nice in the box. 

There isn't much choice for vehicules in 1/32, so these could come in handy for an eventual vignette with an aircraft.

YFPKpzU.jpg 

The Bugatti, for some reason is molded in red!

Z001ma8.jpg

Alain