Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

It has been sent yesterday! So you will need to be a little bit patient....:D Hopefully, as the parcel will just cross one border (I found it in France), it should arrive beginning of next week. Actually I would have preferred the more recent Fliegerhorst kit but that one is unfortunately even more difficult to find!

On 11/23/2022 at 6:38 PM, MARU5137 said:

Good for you  Thierry.

Patience is a Virtue.

:thumbsup:

I am patient, hopefully! And this took time but I was finally quite lucky as, since the COVID appeared, I found the following second-hand kits: HpH Tigercat and C-47, two Revell Ju-88A4 and AIMS 188A, IMC & Revell Jetrangers, the Scratchbuilders Defiant, the Collectaire T-38, the Fisher X-1, the Marsh Models Comet, the Silver Wings He-51a and Siskin, the Echelon and Trumpeter early Lightnings, the Jetmads Viggen and finally the Preiser Alphajet! Moreover, I got all of them for acceptable prices. Strangely, it was incredibly difficult to find some of them for many years and then they appeared in a quite small time period! The wish list of discontinued kits is now empty and the situation is quite similar with regard to books even if there are still a bunch of them I'm still looking for (essentially some mid and late war Classic Jagdwaffe issues).:thumbsup:

Unsure  anyone is jealous of a wonky old vacuform kit, but I added this 1:32 Bearcat to the stash this week. ($40). My 1/24 3D parts can be reprinted at 1/32 and with the shells here, it would be a huge head start on fun build…someday. I do know this plane really well now! 

yFhUqo.jpg

SpzAD1.jpg

17 hours ago, Jim Barry said:

Unsure  anyone is jealous of a wonky old vacuform kit, but I added this 1:32 Bearcat to the stash this week. ($40). My 1/24 3D parts can be reprinted at 1/32 and with the shells here, it would be a huge head start on fun build…someday. I do know this plane really well now! 

yFhUqo.jpg

SpzAD1.jpg

Not a bad vacform. Moreover you can get almost everything intended to improve the Trumpeter kits to dress it: cockpit, landing gear bays, guns, propeller or engine!

Hi,

As requested, here is a small set of pictures of that vintage Preiser kit of the Alphajet. Many years ago, I nearly purchased one on ebay but finally another LSP guy (Iain!) got it. Finally, I succeeded in finding one. Only one white metal tank winglet was missing. Not a big deal. :D

The box is immediately showing this is a very old kit.

NmuPJ1a.jpg

The date inside the resin fuselage shows... 1976!!! Jeez... this is very probably the oldest resin kit I ever got! :blink:

The injected resin is very lightweight. I've never seen that but this is a very positive point. Moreover, the LG is quite sturdy even if I'm not very fond of white metal wheels.

rsS6TmC.jpg

Contents are very basic to say the least. This will ask for rebuilding multiple things. Look at the seats. You just get one white metal part for the top! :wacko:

The most annoying item is probably the canopy. The good point is the fact it is in injected plastic and very clear. The bad point is the thickness: 2mm...ouch! I still do not know what I will do with that. The Fliegerhorst kit has three good canopy vacform options but that one is not in the same league! Too bad but there are solutions. This will simply be time-consuming to solve. <_<

yAAathn.jpg

The decals are probably unusable but as they were too basic for a large scale plane, I do not really care. If I had to choose a scheme right now, this would probably be the grey/blue Top Aces one. This also allows recycling MB Mk.10 seats. They are somewhat different from the Tornado, Hawk or Mirage 2000 ones but at least some resin ones can be converted. Otherwise, you need to make older Mk.4 or even Stencel seats (as used in the Luftwaffe birds)! There are also some strange kit features: there are holes in the wings for the four pylons but the model only has two! They give an alternate round nose but the typical Luftwaffe gun was cast with the fuselage! Etc. :blink:

The plan is really dated as well.

jIpfHOQ.jpg

Not for the faint at heart if you want to get an acceptable result... However, there are not many available options!

An interesting project with challenges! I guess that as I just found one we will get soon the announcement of a plastic release! :rolleyes:

1976. I love it! I bought a "kit" from ~ 1945-46 of the V-1 Buzz Bomb. I was wondering why they did not put "V-1" and instead called it the Robot Bomb. It would appear we did not know the name publicly until sometime later.  It's something you carve out of wood, but the directions are sweet! 

DoSGwk.jpg

It's a Nerf gun! 

i-Z2Hsn3p-L.jpg

More importantly, it's a replica of one of the more famous sci-fi weapons in movies.

i-VZXDjxm-L.jpg

I haven't decided if I'll give it a screen accurate paint job or not. 

It was also Lancaster week at my place. My sons gave me a Border Lanc for my belated 50th. 

Then I had one arrive as a gift from a friend. 

i-S2dMHgb-L.jpg

Add to that the two HK ones in the stash and I'm well on my way to making a flight of them. Or a diorama of the Avro Canada Downsview plant...

No idea on shelf space for them, finished or otherwise.

Carl

6 hours ago, Jim Barry said:

1976. I love it! I bought a "kit" from ~ 1945-46 of the V-1 Buzz Bomb. I was wondering why they did not put "V-1" and instead called it the Robot Bomb. It would appear we did not know the name publicly until sometime later.  It's something you carve out of wood, but the directions are sweet! 

DoSGwk.jpg

Wow...! THIS is old!!!

10 hours ago, BloorwestSiR said:

It's a Nerf gun! 

i-Z2Hsn3p-L.jpg

More importantly, it's a replica of one of the more famous sci-fi weapons in movies.

i-VZXDjxm-L.jpg

I haven't decided if I'll give it a screen accurate paint job or not. 

It was also Lancaster week at my place. My sons gave me a Border Lanc for my belated 50th. 

Then I had one arrive as a gift from a friend. 

i-S2dMHgb-L.jpg

Add to that the two HK ones in the stash and I'm well on my way to making a flight of them. Or a diorama of the Avro Canada Downsview plant...

No idea on shelf space for them, finished or otherwise.

Carl

Very cool nerf! I would definitely paint it 

Man 3 Lancaster's!! Thats allot!