Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

Just got x2 Master Details Nam era pilots..............mastered apparently off of  the man himself Robin Olds..........

Im going to be using these for my AFB test center F-104 project but am using the pilot heads with full face mask and visor on, so no hint of Robins mug there. Probably not the exact helmet and suit style for the early 104 TFs, but as close as I could get and should be Ok for my purposes.

Man, I forgot how nice these were! 

MAS32014x4_large.jpg?v=1532112584

Well now this is interesting (if not somewhat embarrassing). Today I ordered a batch of Christmas gifts from Amazon. I was just notified that one of the items has shipped, an item that I apparently failed to recognize was already in the cart when I went through checkout. It's an item for myself, but I had no intention of ordering it this month.

:oops:

On 9/3/2018 at 1:27 PM, Gerhard said:

I just bought this. I should really stop buying new kits. And now Airfix have gone and launched the tanker version as well, so guess what?

966551-16559-32-pristine.jpg

So this arrived. It''s a huge kit 51cm length, for a 1/72. Gosh.

Number of Parts

Dimensions (mm)

L486 x W508

Edited by Gerhard

I don't often pre-order kits before release, but this looked too good to pass up.  https://www.jadlamracingmodels.com/revell-dassault-mirage-iii-e-1-1-32-aircraft-model-kit-03919/

Those who, like me, have already built the Italeri kit will look at the parts count, the engine stand and ladder in the pic, and think "That looks very much like the Italeri plastic".  I don't know for sure, but I'll be surprised if it's not.

6 minutes ago, MikeC said:

I don't often pre-order kits before release, but this looked too good to pass up.  https://www.jadlamracingmodels.com/revell-dassault-mirage-iii-e-1-1-32-aircraft-model-kit-03919/

Those who, like me, have already built the Italeri kit will look at the parts count, the engine stand and ladder in the pic, and think "That looks very much like the Italeri plastic".  I don't know for sure, but I'll be surprised if it's not.

Yep, it's the Italeri kit reboxed, I pre-ordered a couple from Jumblies for a similar price.

Don't often get a chance to post here, but picked these two up at the Portland IPMS show today:

Kits.thumb.JPG.86eec73bc2cf8cadf3818ca874177b6b.JPG

Wasn't looking to buy any kits unless I found an extra Trumpy Wildcat at a good price, but at $30 for the 262 and $25 for the Fw190, I couldn't pass them up! They had some really good prices on new AFV's, too, but I managed to control myself and only buy the two.