I'm one proud Greek!

Rick K

My Papu (Grandfather) started this business in 1921.  This year marks 100 years in our family.  My twin brother is current owner.  How many restaurants do you know that have been around for 100 years?  Owned by same family for 100 years?

Watch the video, it tells the story.  Ernies Texas Lunch 100 years

Mods, if this inappropriate remove.  I'm super proud of my brother. 

If you look close you'll see a pic of my twin brother Ernie (15) and to his right you'll just make out over half a dozen models I built. 

Model on - Rick

Edited by Rick K

• Rick K changed the title to I'm one proud Greek!

And right you are to be proud! I loved that you shared this! One of the few places I have yet to visit in PA, (besides Steamtown), is Gettysburg. But it is in the plans for the near future. Whenever I go on my explorations, I always eat at a local "mom & pop" so to speak. 

I now know exactly where I plan to eat when I go!

Χρόνια πολλά σε εσάς και την οικογένειά σας Rick - καλή υγεία και ευημερία για το μέλλον!

Congratulations Rick. Thank you for sharing your family history with us all. I can understand how proud you are - a real Ellada diaspora success!

Derek

2 hours ago, Derek B said:

Χρόνια πολλά σε εσάς και την οικογένειά σας Rick - καλή υγεία και ευημερία για το μέλλον!

Congratulations Rick. Thank you for sharing your family history with us all. I can understand how proud you are - a real Ellada diaspora success!

Derek

Nice one Derek

ha ha Rick can you actually read that? 

2 hours ago, Derek B said:

Derek

Σας ευχαριστώ για τις ευχές για τα γενέθλια αργά και για καλή υγεία.

cheers Derek!