ICM NEWs 2021 - Bell AH-1G Cobra in 1/32

Jan_G

2 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

I’m not sure of the relationship between the two companies, but they are separate companies.  I’m sure Special Hobby would prefer that you buy their boxing of the kit to get the extra parts, so I can’t see them selling the bits separately.

So do I purchase the SH early Cobra or wait and hope they do the same for the late version which is the type I really want.   Or do I wait longer for the ICM 1/35th Cobra kit which, all things considered, I’d prefer vrs 32nd, or do I wait even longer then that in hopes that SH will do the same thing with the 35th release?    

Asking for a friend.  

Edited by John1

2 hours ago, John1 said:

So do I purchase the SH early Cobra or wait and hope they do the same for the late version which is the type I really want.   Or do I wait longer for the ICM 1/35th Cobra kit which, all things considered, I’d prefer vrs 32nd, or do I wait even longer then that in hopes that SH will do the same thing with the 35th release?    

Asking for a friend.  

Do you really need the XM-35 cannon or the specific decals in the ICM late boxing?  Because, except for a small added sprue for the cannon, the plastic is the same in the early boxing.  You can’t do an XM-35 armed ship from the early boxing, but you can do a “late” AH-1G.

2 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Do you really need the XM-35 cannon or the specific decals in the ICM late boxing?  Because, except for a small added sprue for the cannon, the plastic is the same in the early boxing.  You can’t do an XM-35 armed ship from the early boxing, but you can do a “late” AH-1G.

I really want the late kit for the toilet bowl IR suppression kit.   I like the M35 but since the kit’s cannon looks like crap, I’ll probably just do a snake with the exhaust suppressor.       If anyone out there has the suppressor and won’t need it, please pm me.  

31 minutes ago, John1 said:

I really want the late kit for the toilet bowl IR suppression kit.   I like the M35 but since the kit’s cannon looks like crap, I’ll probably just do a snake with the exhaust suppressor.       If anyone out there has the suppressor and won’t need it, please pm me.  

The early version has the suppressor. It has all the parts except the Xm35 parts. You can do a late version from the early version kit sans XM35. The sprue with the gun parts, and the decals, are the only difference. Both types of skids, tail booms, nose and turret armament are in both kits. 

Edited by eoyguy

15 hours ago, eoyguy said:

The early version has the suppressor. It has all the parts except the Xm35 parts. You can do a late version from the early version kit sans XM35. The sprue with the gun parts, and the decals, are the only difference. Both types of skids, tail booms, nose and turret armament are in both kits. 

Hey, thank you for the reminder.  I completely forgot that the toilet bowl was included in the early kit.   I'm going to hang a bit to see if SH releases the late kit as well with a better cannon, if not, I'll take the plunge on the early version.     

Still a bit surprised that we haven't seen many aftermarket decals.   Given all the really interesting markings, I figured we would have seen a bunch of decals released by now. 

Yeah some decal aftermarket would be nice. I am wondering if the 1/32 vs. 1/35 or that they are doing both scales apparently might have put off some decal companies? I personally had a couple old sheets in the stash so have some options but some new would be good also....

On 8/1/2021 at 12:37 PM, Jennings Heilig said:

I have a strong feeling that there is a Ukrainian model mafia going on.  

Don't the Czech companies do the same thing? Eduard, Special Hobby, Sword, produce kits with some tiny details lacking so that CMK and Eduard aftermarket can swoop in with the detail sets.  All part of increasing business and satisfying different levels of modeler.

Matt