1/12 Ford GT Mk II/Meng

D.B. Andrus

10 minutes ago, RadBaron said:

Thats not as scary as some sources had it listed.

Given Meng's record, thats awfully tempting 

Oh im nit saying it wont be nice but this is more then to top level Tamiya, ZM 1/32 including the hk b-17. I almost forgot the new amazing airfix 1/24 scale beauties.

Kinda feel more r&d goes into those then a car kit. 

But jist my 2 cents. dont get me wrong it Looks amazing

Edited by Neo

4 hours ago, Neo said:

Oh im nit saying it wont be nice but this is more then to top level Tamiya, ZM 1/32 including the hk b-17. I almost forgot the new amazing airfix 1/24 scale beauties.

Kinda feel more r&d goes into those then a car kit. 

But jist my 2 cents. dont get me wrong it Looks amazing

You're not wrong. Im looking at it from the perspective that, thats the price of a 10 year old twin-engined Wingnut Wings kit :D

• 7 months later...

Thought about it myself... really enjoyed watching "Ford vs Ferrari"... which I know is a "dramatization" but nonetheless was very entertaining.

Read somewhere that MENG is going to produce a 1/24 version...think I'll wait for that.

Cheers!

Dave/Ironman1945

Got mine for £240 in the UK. I resisted and fought but eventually my birthday came around.............

£500 sounds more like the price for the pre-painted version. 

Looks really good OOB. Now all we need is the follow on Ferrari 330...

Even in 1/12 scale,  I think builders are going to be surprised at how tiny the car is. I saw one at a dealership that dealt with weird wheeled things, the GT40 looked like you could put it in your pocket. 

They are indeed small, an acquaintance of mine built a kit car GT-40 , using an old Ford Galaxy as a base , and it came out looking beautiful, except for the massive bulge in the drivers door, after all he's 6ft 8"

And I was going to buy one of the Meng kist , but since £200 is my hard max these days I passed, something I may regret come to think of it 

11 hours ago, Scotsman said:

They are indeed small, an acquaintance of mine built a kit car GT-40 , using an old Ford Galaxy as a base , and it came out looking beautiful, except for the massive bulge in the drivers door, after all he's 6ft 8"

And I was going to buy one of the Meng kist , but since £200 is my hard max these days I passed, something I may regret come to think of it 

Some GT40s had a bulge to fit one 6'4" Dan Gurney 

jpeg

I have been holding out on this one essentially waiting for something like the Modeling news did.  They have a great build blog going there now.  There are good deals on this car now and then and I may buy when I can get a good price on it.