JetMads 1/32 Viggen

Scotsman

44 minutes ago, Robthepom said:

very very nice looking kit, I wanted to wait until i saw actual kit but then ultimetly miss out, i dont have the funds to get on the second run, i'll just have to watch

cant wait to see some builds, will standard superglue work with this type of resin

rob

With the tempo second batch is vanishing, I would bet on number 3...

Q: What kind of glue is recommended or optional for working with 3D printed parts?
I am somewhat familiar with cyanoacrylate, but I suspect I will want to either get some slow drying cyanoacrylate to avoid stressing, or maybe even consider some alternatives.

I am thinking that I will probably use casting resin for a glue. Essentially this is a two part mix which should be similar to the material of the parts. I did it on my build of the Dargon Rapide as I wanted strength in the mid spine joint. I ended up using the same resin for the wing joints. Worked a treat and is so much stronger than superglue or epoxy.

the other possible alternative is to use the 3D uv printing resin set with a uv lamp but I am yet to try this method on a kit.

2 hours ago, vince14 said:

This looks absolutely stunning...so much for the naysayers who didn't think it'd ever see the light of day and were convinced we'd all lose our money!

well,there was/is a guy that planned making B737-200300/400/500 in 1/72.used similar system to raise money beforehand

about a year ago dissapeared,no mails nothing.the site is still on

https://www.aeromodl.com/our-kits

I was going to order from the second tranche, but really want a standard AJ-37 with two honking great R-04 missiles hanging off the wings, so I'll hold off.

I've ordered two JAs from the first run, with a view to converting one, but JETmads have indicated the AJ is a possibility, though not a firm one.