Jump to content
Tony T

Infinity Models

Recommended Posts

On 12/16/2019 at 10:04 PM, Kagemusha said:

 

No, it was a Harrier GR.3, and Sea Harrier FRS.1! :rolleyes:

If you absolutely want a GR. 3, get the Revell GR. 1 pre-prod. re-release. It has very nice decals and Tigger released the laser nose. Obviously this does not solve the correction of the front exhaust fairings, nor the protruding panel lines but at least a first Gen Harrier can be built from it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2020 at 5:42 PM, thierry laurent said:

If you absolutely want a GR. 3, get the Revell GR. 1 pre-prod. re-release. It has very nice decals and Tigger released the laser nose. Obviously this does not solve the correction of the front exhaust fairings, nor the protruding panel lines but at least a first Gen Harrier can be built from it! 

Is there a tweak list anywhere? Asking for a friend....

 

Tim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2020 at 5:42 PM, thierry laurent said:

If you absolutely want a GR. 3, get the Revell GR. 1 pre-prod. re-release. It has very nice decals and Tigger released the laser nose. Obviously this does not solve the correction of the front exhaust fairings, nor the protruding panel lines but at least a first Gen Harrier can be built from it! 

 

I have the Revell kit and nose, also have the Sea Harrier vac nose conversion, but I really want, and think the aircraft warrants, a new tool kit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, wunwinglow said:

Is there a tweak list anywhere? Asking for a friend....

 

Tim

No Tim as all areas of the kit need detail, refinement, correction or at least scribing. To me, the main problems are the front exhaust fairings that need change from pre-prod. to normal production shapes and the very visible cartoonesque sixties-detailed cockpit for which close to no existing item can be recycled. Globally the kit has the level of detail of an old 1/72 kit but the shapes are there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

 

I have the Revell kit and nose, also have the Sea Harrier vac nose conversion, but I really want, and think the aircraft warrants, a new tool kit. 

I'm in the same boat. I also have the Fisher conversion for the Navy Hunter two seater with the Shar nose (that I intended to recast). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...