HH-60G Pavehawk Kitty Hawk 1/35 DONE!!

Pete Fleischmann

On 6/9/2020 at 11:44 PM, Weebles said:

Thanks for sharing this with us Pete.  Have you used Perfect Plastic Putty and if so is it different?  

Thanks for sharing your good work.

Dave

hi Dave,

sorry I missed your question way back-

I have not used Perfect Plastic Putty, but that is what Woody at Archer uses; so that’s a great endorsement!

cheers

Pete

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

Wow Pete,

I put three short strips of rivet decals on a model once. They look great but really stressed me out during the process. Your attention to detail and tenacity, perseverance and skill to get all these rivets in place is mind-blowing. Can't wait to see the finished article, but enjoying the journey.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2020 at 4:23 AM, Pete Fleischmann said:

Thank you all for the kind words! So many great modelers here- great friends as well.

heres some more. Really; it’s not that bad to do- and oddly relaxing. Who knew? Started on the opposite side of the tail, and as before, moving forward towards the cabin, I find this side a little easier as I am left handed.

cheers

Pete

0XUFbP3.jpg

Holy hell, you’re doing both sides. Bravo.

Looking absolutely amazing.

Cheers Neil

Pete,

This looks truly amazing!  I am currently building the Academy version and I am curious what you used for the rounded screen in the upper portion of the tail.  It's the only screen/vent that doesn't come in the photo etch set and I'd love to replace it with something more real like you have done here.  Thanks in advance for any help!

Edited by jake.duffy82

On 7/20/2020 at 11:43 AM, jake.duffy82 said:

Pete,

This looks truly amazing!  I am currently building the Academy version and I am curious what you used for the rounded screen in the upper portion of the tail.  It's the only screen/vent that doesn't come in the photo etch set and I'd love to replace it with something more real like you have done here.  Thanks in advance for any help!

thanks! I know what you mean- Kitty Hawk kinda missed the mark there-

I used some square patterned mesh. I don’t recall where I got it years ago; but I do see it everywhere. Might take a look for it at Micro Mark-

cheers

Pete 

• 3 weeks later...