HH-60G Pavehawk Kitty Hawk 1/35 DONE!!

Pete Fleischmann

On 8/29/2020 at 5:02 AM, Hawkwrench said:

This DEFINITELY has raised the bar on helicopter detailing!

I'd love to do this one day. 

You need to list every size of Archer rivets you're using for all of us to use as reference. 

Hi Tim-

Thanks!

I'll do that list for sure. I haven't done it because I don't know yet if I've got all of the sheets necessary. Will know for sure when I'm done riveting!

Cheers

Pete

22 minutes ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

Yes- right on the bare plastic. The solvaset is locking them down very well, and dissolving virtually all of the clear carrier. Very pleased.

Cheers

Pete

I think I just learned something new and important.  I have always used Microsol, which melts most of the carrier film, but not all of it.  As a result, I always spray a clear coat of X-22 to help remove the decal film edges.  Solvaset, which I've never used, is much hotter and may be the ticket to eliminate the need for a clear coat.

Thanks for the tip!

Chuck

On 8/29/2020 at 12:03 AM, chuck540z3 said:

Modeling eye candy at it's finest!  So good, and about $600.00 of Archer rivets! :P

Cheers,

Chuck

Couldn't agree more, just superb. I did a PCM Hurricane and added Archer rivets across the wings and spent a small fortune doing it.

Regards. Andy 

1 hour ago, MARU5137 said:

Hello Pete,

Just caught up from when I last checked in.

EXEMPLARY  and EXQUISITE  workmanship. 

The figures are STUNNING  and tiny details are just SO AMAZING..

:wow:   :bow:

I Missed  a lot of STUPENDOUS  work from you Pete as I am in Fiji visiting family...  climbing mountains,  and hiking, and ecotrax bike ride over a river and going up in a Helicopter for  birds eye view of many islands.etc(but I still wanna a ride with you   :yahoo:   ).

:clap2:

But seeing your  AWESOME  build has made MY morning ...

:wub:

Keep up the EXCEPTIONAL  work/build and I will check in to see what astounding  things you have done.

YOU ROCK Pete    :punk:   :piliot:

How is your  L-39 .... hope thats back to normal  too.

Good Luck.

MARU 5137.

Hi Maru!
wow! You certainly have been living large!! Don’t know if I could keep up with you!

thanks for the kind words- you always make me smile- thank you.

the jet is running great, and I’ve been flying the snot out of it! Ready to fly you anytime!!

cheers

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Hawkwrench said:

It's been 15 days and I'm having serious withdrawals over your build. I need pics and an update!!! Lol

Tim

Maybe Pete’s helo met a F-16 in the modeling room :lol:

Edited by Cheetah11

20 hours ago, Hawkwrench said:

It's been 15 days and I'm having serious withdrawals over your build. I need pics and an update!!! Lol

Tim

It's taking him so long because he's taking full sized rivets and is slowly turning them down into 1/35 scale rivets, for true accuracy.

Matt 

Proof of life-

TFbNVv3.jpg

lcLzuba.jpg

GRubeH5.jpg

actual work that pays money has gotten in the way of this build lately.. but when I’m home I usually am able to find some time everyday to run a few rows of rivets-

about the only place I see any hint of carrier film is over the filler-

cheers

Pete

Amazing! I have used Archer rivets on a few builds and they are very good BUT I would never have the courage and staying power to do what you are doing. I would also end up with more stuck to my fingers than on the actual model.