1:32 Douglas A-26 Invader from Trumpeter/Hobbyboss?

On 7/15/2020 at 9:02 PM, mark31 said:

+1

Lookingforward to the set

are you planning for other versions off the engine?

i dondt know iff there are many difrences for the K version

i know the where upgraded

Mark

Hi Mark, 

Here's the list of differences I have identified: 

. More powerful R-2800 Engines (the front section is different) .

. Modified cowlings with the so-called "Congo" update: seen in Thailand late in the life of the deployed B-26K airframes
· DC-6 new props
· Wing tip fuel tanks
· Four small pylons per wing
· Updated avionics (multiple small antennas to add here and there plus some boxes in the rear of the cockpit) 
· Strengthened LG and KC-135 wheels and brakes.
· Larger rudder (extended chord)

. 14 vortex generators added on the tail starboard side
· Dual controls cockpit (already in the kit!) with a pilot gunsight
· Provisions for JATO use
· Deleted turrets (so only a new upper fuselage panel is required as there is no belly turret in the kit). Moreover, because their mechanism was removed to save weigth, a seat and some reco (camera control) and avionics boxes were added in this "radio" compartment.

. The kit front wheel looks like a B-26K one

Hth

Thierry 

29 minutes ago, CATCplSlade said:

Ebay has quite a few listed from Chinese sellers; roughly $180 U.S. with shipping.

Hmm, even without the 2-3 month surface shipping from a China, or more expensive parcel service, that’s too much for me for a kit with all of the problems that it has.

I got it two months ago for around 120 € (from a German reseller). I'm surprised seeing the kit to be so expensive for the US modellers. It looks this is the same situation than the B-24 one whereas, generally, except for the kits produced in Europe, all kits are cheaper in the US.

43 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Hmm, even without the 2-3 month surface shipping from a China, or more expensive parcel service, that’s too much for me for a kit with all of the problems that it has.

23 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

I got it two months ago for around 120 € (from a German reseller). I'm surprised seeing the kit to be so expensive for the US modellers. It looks this is the same situation than the B-24 one whereas, generally, except for the kits produced in Europe, all kits are cheaper in the US.

$44 of that is shipping, so they are selling the kit for $136 which is close to 120 €. Give it time and prices should ease a bit.