Posted (edited)

Ok I couldn't  resist any longer..Im in!  Ive  wanted to build this kit for a while and there are a bunch of great markings so this group build is the perfect excuse.  First impressions are its no Tamiya Mosquito, but then again it is 1/3 the price.  You do get lots for your money,  the cockpit is lovely and i think it will build up into a very impressive model.  i have made a start and built the cockpit which is now ready for paint.  i have also decided to modify the kit a little,  the  kit has no engines but i have decided to graft a resin one onto one wing.  its not exactly the right engine but looks sufficiently like a jumo 211 to be good enough when I've finished...I hope!

Cheers

Matt

CaKpLkn.jpg

7WUkrrh.jpg

wd3nCqX.jpg

zMWN8bQ.jpg

P6Mm5Mq.jpg

j18A1qo.jpg

ecJxqqP.jpg

PjtpE1C.jpg

Edited by Vynce804

Resistance is futile!

Looks like a good start!

I have several of these with AIMs conversions - just need time!

Hello

Oh!....Where these engines come from??? Aires' product? There are lovely!

Amities

Fab

7 minutes ago, dmthamade said:

That's great paintwork/detailing on the pit!! Is any of it aftermarket or is it all kit parts?

Don

Hi Don,  It’s all kit parts,  the cockpit is almost a model in itself!  Cheers. Matt

Looks great, as with a lot of people I have one of those in the stash so it is great to see what it takes to build it.

Cheers

Dennis

2 hours ago, Vynce804 said:

Hi Don,  It’s all kit parts,  the cockpit is almost a model in itself!  Cheers. Matt

AGREED! The cockpit is so nice, when I made a Aimes conversion 188 model I had the whole front end left over. I made it as a display piece, like a bit of salvage in a museum from the wreck of a downed Ju 88

This build is looking amazing!