Jump to content

KitmodellerNZ

LSP_Members
  • Content Count

    157
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

KitmodellerNZ last won the day on November 27 2014

KitmodellerNZ had the most liked content!

About KitmodellerNZ

  • Rank
    LSP Junkie
  • Birthday 01/25/1976

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Auckland, New Zealand

Recent Profile Visitors

611 profile views
  1. I've had no issues using Tamiya lacquer thinner to wipe down bare plastic. It definitely didn't do any damage.
  2. The main one was the intake join. Just needed a bit of sanding to get it to sit nicely and then filling as there were a couple of decent gaps. Nothing major to fix. The tail insert needed a bit of sanding to get a nice profile, again nothing major. The rest was just minor filling of joins. The wings fitted beautifully along the wing root though.
  3. Hi guys, I have just completed Revell's 1/32 P-51D early Mustang. This was OOB with the exception of the HGW textile harnesses. I used Tamiya acrylics and lacquers, Vallejo Metal Color, Windsor & Newton oils and AK weathering products. I really enjoyed this build, fit issues aside. I decided to use the supplied decals rather than masks for this build. The quality of the decals is fantastic. I believe they're Cartograf. I used flat and semi-gloss clear coats to represent the sheen in the areas of the hotly debated 'was it blue or was it green?' topic.
  4. I used Montex Masks for the markings and codes. I reproduced the kit supplied stencil decals onto some ultra thin decal paper.
  5. Hi guys, I just finished this one off this morning. She's been an absolute pleasure to build. I superdetailed the kit engine with lead wire, plastic rod and brass tube. HGW seatbelts, Montex Masks, Barracuda pilot's seat, 3-slot wheels & cockpit door. Painted with Tamiya acrylics, Vallejo acrylics and metallics, AK Interactive and Ammo by Mig weathering products and W&N oil paints.
  6. I liked the effect of Gauzy, but found masks tore it off. I've used Future over the years with varying levels of success and also the Alclad Aqua Gloss, but I'm turning to polishing from now on.
  7. The Scotch Brite idea came about as a cost saving technique for me. I'd be paying around NZ$50 to get a set of the Artool FX Mini templates sent to me here in Auckland, NZ from an airbrush store in Australia.
  8. Beautiful! I'm up to black basing and applying the upper side camo on mine at the moment.
  9. I didn't do anything except give mine a good shake and a high pressure blast with the airbrush.
  10. Colin, I just spray through the pad with the pressure set to around 20psi. You could give it a go though. I guess the main factor is how much you have pulled at the Scotch Brite.
×
×
  • Create New...