timvkampen

Any Tamiya 1/32 rumours?

I heard a rumor earlier from a colleague who was at the Nuernberg Toy Fair that Tamiya *might* have a 1/32 scale Me-109 up their sleeve... time will tell, if this is true or not.

Cheers

Alan

1 hour ago, alaninaustria said:

I heard a rumor earlier from a colleague who was at the Nuernberg Toy Fair that Tamiya *might* have a 1/32 scale Me-109 up their sleeve... time will tell, if this is true or not.

Cheers

Alan

I find this logical and realistic.  I think the 109G is one of a handful of likely possibilities, personally I think it the most realistic and likely at the moment.  I don’t say this from a perspective of wishing they would release a 109G, just that they have been focusing on the 109G lately and this would be a logical next step.  This kit makes economic sense and they have a baseline with their 1/48 kit to take another step up in detail and fidelity.  

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Tony T said:

Sounds convincing to me, although the P-38 shot down Allied aircraft as well. A very trigger happy bunch.

Blue on blue? Surely not..... That would never happen these days right?...... right? Is it a bird, a scud, a Tornado? Oh sod it. Shoot it down anyway. No-one will ask questions! :whistle:

Sorry to our American friends across the pond. Just a bit of a sore subject to ex-RAF Tornado personnel when it's mentioned.

Edited by AlanG

16 minutes ago, AlanG said:

Blue on blue? Surely not..... That would never happen these days right?...... right? Is it a bird, a scud, a Tornado? Oh sod it. Shoot it down anyway. No-one will ask questions! :whistle:

Sorry to our American friends across the pond. Just a bit of a sore subject to ex-RAF Tornado personnel when it's mentioned.

Yet the Tornado’s malfunctioning IFF system is rarely mentioned when discussing this. 

“The Board concluded that ZG710’s IFF had a fault, which was unknown to the aircrew, and that the lack of IFF at the time of the accident was a contributory factor.”

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/82817/maas03_02_tornado_zg710_22mar03.pdf

Without trying to go off-topic so much and i am truly sorry to the OP.... i know the facts of the case. Just a bit raw. I knew Dave Williams (navigator ZG710)

2 minutes ago, JerseyChris said:

Would love to see what Tamiya would do with a P38, on the basis of how amazing the mosquito was it’s a mouth watering prospect...

i m in!

On 3/12/2019 at 2:00 AM, Jennings Heilig said:

A Tamiya 1/32 P-38 does set the mind reeling, doesn't it?  Yummy!  F-5E anyone?

count one for '38

On 3/12/2019 at 12:39 AM, BiggTim said:

That's been my #1 choice forever, Gary! I would sell my entire stash to buy a Tamiya P-38 in 1/32. And I would probably have to.

i ll do too!

2 hours ago, timvkampen said:

i hope they break the prop-pattern

oh why break the prop-pattern, we LOOOOOVE TO SEE another 109......NOT!!!!!!!!!

Seriously? why breeeed on another worn out type like a 109 or for that matter a P 51 (which by the way is my favorite propellor plane) and do something inovative, as in indeed a comtemporary model, be original, be "fresh".....oh wait but no, ofcourse "money is what makes the world move, even on plastics"..........RANT OFF......!!

2 hours ago, GMK said:

Yet the Tornado’s malfunctioning IFF system is rarely mentioned when discussing this. 

“The Board concluded that ZG710’s IFF had a fault, which was unknown to the aircrew, and that the lack of IFF at the time of the accident was a contributory factor.”

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/82817/maas03_02_tornado_zg710_22mar03.pdf

That's a bit of a get-out. Did the Patriot battery mention that (thinking they might be under missile attack and running to their bunker) they turned the missile defence to automatic? The report is a whitewash, but let's move on in the knowledge that the missile crews' SOP has been revised, the Tornado "accident" being one of three — the other two concerning a USMC and a Canadian Hornet over the past three decades, which also were fatal.

Those are the facts

Tony 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jack said:

oh why break the prop-pattern, we LOOOOOVE TO SEE another 109......NOT!!!!!!!!!

Seriously? why breeeed on another worn out type like a 109 or for that matter a P 51 (which by the way is my favorite propellor plane) and do something inovative, as in indeed a comtemporary model, be original, be "fresh".....oh wait but no, ofcourse "money is what makes the world move, even on plastics"..........RANT OFF......!!

A fresh, new perspective, never expressed on this forum before...

jk

Edited by esarmstrong