F-117A • Nighthawk

F`s are my favs

4) I got to make the bomb bays open-able as well, so I got to redo the entire "mechanism" (to make it moveable) for the air disturbing plates (I forgot their exact name as well) to drop down together with the opening of the doors. I remember I figured it out, but it's not ready yet - by connecting these air disturbers to the swivel joints of the piston part of the hydraulic actuators that open the doors. Originally they were part of the front bay walls:

IMG-20190218-202928.jpg

and "dismantled" :) Check out how close are located the pistons... I got to take advantage of it ;) 

IMG-20190220-082523.jpg

Here are the plates themselves... some modifications as well... Modified on the left-hand side and still the original set on the right:

IMG-20190221-073232.jpg

IMG-20190221-073011.jpg

That's just about it... not quite much of a progress for a couple of years, but I'm happy with it. :) I'l keep you posted once I resume the hobby ;) Btw I continued my other hobby and passion - the RC planes, but in a slightly different way - FPV drones. :) Enjoy a combo of my best flights from last year, and cheers!

Edited by F`s are my favs

Just took another few nighttime pics with the flashlight, of the glued vaines of the baffled exhausts, and the horizontal surfaces after the flattening. Still not weathered, just basic colors.

IMG-20220322-221754.jpg

IMG-20220322-221836.jpg

This is the glare of course. :) I think I used a mix of Alclad II jet exhasut and a tiny bit of dark aluminum, but they look almost black indeed:

IMG-20220322-221858.jpg

IMG-20220322-221810.jpg

8 hours ago, Brett M said:

Glad to see you back at this one......and really liked the video. Picturesque area you live in!

10x :) And I'm getting better with the skills - the simulator helped a lot and now a year later, I'm even thinking about racing with other drones, and riskier freestyle. 

5 hours ago, Eagle Driver said:

Finally!

And this remind me of that movie from my childhood years: Weird Science.

Have you seen it?

Nah... I just saw the trailer... OMG :D , at least I think I watched the right trailer...

Great work, thanks for sharing!  Had to chuckle at your video: at the 1:38 mark, that's some great "Guns Defense" by the seagull. Drops outta sight to break your firing solution.  And BTW, that's what birds do. Always horrifying to see them in an airplane while doing a low level and see them diving in defense, knowing that in reality they're diving right at you. Shortly after I left my first squadron, they had a Raven go through the windscreen and hit one of the guys up front. Could have been a lot worse--they were in the landing pattern and not going very fast, so he was just covered in gore.  But I digress--thanks for updating us on your build. I love how you can pull off such intricate engineering!

-Peter 

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello hello :yahoo: So I'm back in the game. :)

The DIY PE replacements of the zig-zag patterns are finally glued to the fornt of the canopy:

IMG-20221215-085807.jpg

IMG-20221215-085831.jpg

IMG-20221215-140117.jpg

IMG-20221215-140143.jpg

IMG-20221222-090405.jpg

The intake and exhaust ducts are in:

IMG-20221222-090438.jpg

IMG-20221222-090452.jpg

The doors for the air refueling proovision as well:

IMG-20221222-091549.jpg

and this is how the compresor faces look like with the doors open, and of course with the help of a flashlight. :)

IMG-20221222-091317.jpg

IMG-20221222-091212.jpg

Cheerio & happy holidays! 

10x blackbetty and themongoose! Well, only the bomb bays are left as for dynamics go. The launcher rails are basically ready, but the doors need to be synched to move along with the airflow disruptor plates, and the 2 hydraulic pistons for each door. Almost none of the parts that attach to the bottom part of the fuselage is complete. But slowly slowly I gotta get there. 

• 1 month later...

Finally the cockpit/NLG assembly is just about done. Only a few things are left to be done, but I'll do them once the two halves of the fuselage are glued (the throttle handle, wire/hose connections between the seat and the cockpit, the stoppper for the opening of the canopy, and maybe that's it). So here is the HUD - of course I used thinner transparent pieces instead of the original OOB thick acryllic transparent parts: 

IMG-20230206-152123.jpg

IMG-20230206-152233.jpg

And the IR guidance provision on the bottom side is ready as well - the turet itself is ever so slightly visible, so there is litterally no detailling at all :) just some thick black paint directly with the a big brush, and some gloss purple for the IR lense, which is barely noticeable. I also used the OOB transparent acryllic part, scared with a mech pattern and then I applied a very very thin black filter.

IMG-20230206-153721.jpg

IMG-20230206-153758.jpg