F-117A • Nighthawk

F`s are my favs

The bottom fuselage with the fuel/oil leaks - dry and ready:

20240121-180726.jpg

On to the top fuselage - here are some moments from the second stage weathering - matte coat as a filter (transparent overall, but with a little bit of blue) + salt and water to enhance the white lines:

20240119-140953.jpg

(PS: the next one is with white flashlight... the whites really stand out, but they were not as extreme as they look like)

20240118-22414654.jpg

Then the third and final stage is the final coat - a mix of around 70% matte and 30% satin lacquer. Then fuel/oil leaks with pure satin lacuqer (as on the bottom), and the final ''stains'' with oil paints, i.e. in the exhausts, traces along the canopy... maybe a couple more things. I wanted to keep a rather ''clean'' overall look though.

20240119-11131033.jpg

Then, the addition of the last components - the HUD and the oxigen line to the console in the cockpit, the intake grilles, and I removed the masks... and it is almost nighttime. :) Yet, I did a short video, it's low-res, but it's almost no daylight left. 

The oil paints are very very thin and subtle, so they should dry very fast as well. I almost can't believe, but I think it is ready. :)

Yeah, finally ready. :) It was a blast this model! There is only one thing that bothers me very much and I would fix if I could - the PE zig-zag pattern of the canopy... It looks like there is a gap or something (it looks like the original), because I fixed it not perfectly flush with the fuselage. -_- My goal was to leave a tiny little gap (fixed it while adding a piece of paper tape temporarily underneath) while trying to leave enough room for the primer/painting afterwards (the thickness of a paper tape). Cause it should make contact with the faceted surface, and I was affraid the whole canopy could lift up a bit if it was the paint touching underneath those zig-zag patterns. Yet, it turned out that the whole painting stage was with the canopy closed, and there is no paint(s) between the PE zig-zag patterns and the facet plastic. Well, it looks like the original plastic piece. I'm quite happy with everything else.

20240122-102701.jpg

20240122-104742.jpg

20240122-103507.jpg

20240122-103741.jpg

20240122-103834.jpg

20240122-105341.jpg

20240122-110143.jpg

Check out more pics - in flight mode & parked mode. It was a very interesting build. Thank you all for the comments, questions, tips, and other bits of advice! 

Edited by F`s are my favs