Wingnut Wings Photo - Clues?

Guest DeanKB

This photo is most interesting.

(Besides the 2 enormous 1/32 Lancasters on the desk)

In particular:

"Italian Aces of WWI",

"French Aircraft of the First World War" &

the "Breguet 14 Datafile" reside on the desk.

What can we read into this - at long last, some non-German & British aircraft are due?!

Also, the model on the Salmson box - what is it?

45223823732_2649cd7516_o.jpgWNW by dekenba1, on Flickr

4 minutes ago, LSP_Typhoonattack said:

if there were legitimate clues there, they probably would never have released the photo, or would have edited it, as did wartime photo censors.

Or put a Wingnut Wings banner over the top, so you can't see the next raft of goodies sitting on the window sill. B)

12 minutes ago, LSP_Typhoonattack said:

That too is a possibility.

More than that, I've seen the original - no honest! - but you know, mum's the word, all I can say if you like 1/32 WWI plastic model kits, you might be very happy when Santa's breaking some roof tiles.

35 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

Or put a Wingnut Wings banner over the top, so you can't see the next raft of goodies sitting on the window sill. B)

My thoughts!!

Hiding a WNW Breguet 14, perhaps?

I mean, that Datafile is only any use for a Breguet 14?!

I don't think this is some type of camouflage.  I think the books indicate their intentions to do those airplanes.  How far they may be into the planning, I don't know.

WNW would be wise to listen to their customers and release some French and Italian aircraft!

As far as we know, the company exists purely to create WWI model kits that Peter Jackson finds interesting and which don't exist elsewhere in the market.  And in so doing, they need to break even, cover their costs, but not necessarily make a profit.

That directive doesn't mean every single kit they release must be a smash hit, nor does it have to be something that Peter Jackson loves.  Let's say he hates Aircraft X, but it will sell by the tens of thousands.  That should put plenty of money in their coffers to finance the really oddball kit that Peter Jackson adores, but which will sell very poorly.

A great example is the Dr.I.  They should do that kit and sell it as a bread winner and use the proceeds to make the next weirdo project that excites Jackson but won't make any $ at all.

5 hours ago, ringleheim said:

I don't think this is some type of camouflage.  I think the books indicate their intentions to do those airplanes.  How far they may be into the planning, I don't know.

WNW would be wise to listen to their customers and release some French and Italian aircraft!

As far as we know, the company exists purely to create WWI model kits that Peter Jackson finds interesting and which don't exist elsewhere in the market.  And in so doing, they need to break even, cover their costs, but not necessarily make a profit.

That directive doesn't mean every single kit they release must be a smash hit, nor does it have to be something that Peter Jackson loves.  Let's say he hates Aircraft X, but it will sell by the tens of thousands.  That should put plenty of money in their coffers to finance the really oddball kit that Peter Jackson adores, but which will sell very poorly.

A great example is the Dr.I.  They should do that kit and sell it as a bread winner and use the proceeds to make the next weirdo project that excites Jackson but won't make any $ at all.

I think PJ is so rich that he can realize his passions.  If he don't care about it, it might not get built...  no matter how someone might think it'll 'help' his business.  He doesn't need to listen to us at all.

Gaz

On 10/12/2018 at 2:44 PM, DeanKB said:

My thoughts!!

Hiding a WNW Breguet 14, perhaps?

I mean, that Datafile is only any use for a Breguet 14?!

The window sill is only big enough for a Fokker Dr1.

14 hours ago, ringleheim said:

That would be great but WNW have said they’re not going to compete with other 32 scale kits. I think the Albatros, Fokker VIIs etc. are WNWs bread and butter for now..

Copperstate have a nice new Nieuport coming out.. maybe they will do a SPAD or Dr1?