Arado Ar 234 B-2 - Fernaufklärer (Finished)

kkarlsen

7 hours ago, Kahunaminor said:

Kent,

Great stuff. Tell me, do you prepare the scratchbuilt items beforehand and just drop them in place or is it all “on the fly” (insert bemused groan here for poorly executed but necessary quip).

regards.

Hmm, I haven't really thought about the process before, but looking back, I'm starting out with researching the details I'm working on, collecting all the photos and technical drawings I can find. Often I'm doing sketches/drawings on paper taking measures from the kit and comparing this to the photos I've got. Sometimes, when drawings of the plane are available, I'm scaling these in Photoshop to fit the scale of the kit. This is very helpful in regards to getting the fit right. Next I'm printing sketches and transferring them to styrene sheets. I have to use the first tests as a template to get the fit right. Its a lot of 'trial and error' keeping at it until you are satisfied with the fit, 'on the fly'? The important part is to have a lot of different sheets of styrene and rods in various sizes. The tools are mostly drills, needle files and a very sharp knife.

The scratched parts for the fuselage are almost done...

7698-290918093500-140351755.jpeg

I've started painting the parts with a base of different shades of RLM 02 before closing up the fuselage:

7698-290918093500-14037132.jpeg

7698-290918093501-140381092.jpeg

7698-290918093501-140392344.jpeg

Cheers: Kent

Edited by kkarlsen