1/32 Trumpeter Me 262A-1a "Yellow 3"

Thunnus

That white thing was STUCK between the windscreen and the armored glass.  I tried to dislodge it but was not successful in moving it.  I couldn't let it sit there so I decided to go in and manually get rid of it.  But removal of the clear parts would be very dicey.  Which part COULD I remove without damage.  The windscreen? Probably not since I made sure I glued this piece in pretty solidly.  Rear canopy... too far away.  That left the middle canopy.

I grabbed the middle clear piece between my thumb and forefinger and tried to move it but I couldn't feel it move at all.  I started trying to rock it back and forth when suddenly... SNAP.  It popped off with a loud noise that I thought for sure I had cracked the canopy and this build would've been over.  But when I looked... it appeared to be in one piece!  A big sight of relief.
IMG-4715.jpg

With the canopy off, it was simple to remove that piece of whatever from the front windscreen.  I think it was a long paint chip.  I glued everything back together and it looks alright.  Disaster averted!
IMG-4716.jpg
IMG-4717.jpg
IMG-4719.jpg

I fashioned a mounting post from a piece of aluminum can to serve as a mount for the aerial radio antenna.  A tension spring was spun from fine electrical wire and the isolators were cut from brass tubing.  This time I rounded off the edges of the tubing to better replicate the shape of the isolators.  EZ Line Fine was used for the aerial.  I will paint aerial with a brush and... Yellow 3 will be complete!  Finished photos this weekend!
IMG-4720.jpg

10 hours ago, rigor said:

Looks great. Love it. I think that loud snap was in your head because I bet that was all you where thinking about when you where doing it lol nice save 

It was a heart-wrenching noise but luckily we came out of it unscathed.  I like it when that happens!  So lucky... don't know what I'd do if the canopy had cracked.

The aerial line was painted brown and the tension spring and isolators light grey.  There were little blobs of white glue in front of the spring that were painted black. Here are some pictures of Yellow 3 in my light box since I won't get any daytime photo sessions in during the work week.

IMG-4722.jpg
IMG-4729.jpg
IMG-4721.jpg
IMG-4725.jpg

4 minutes ago, Robthepom said:

stunning, and very inspiring, i have to get one of these kits, cant wait for final photos

Thank you Rob!  It's a good kit but it wasn't the easiest build.  Lots of shimmying and puttying needed to get the nose buttoned up and the wing to fuselage fit wasn't the greatest.  I'm wondering if the upcoming Revell 262A-1 will be a better alternative.

26 minutes ago, Wackyracer said:

its ok... ish... :rolleyes:

Joking aside John just stunning. So nice to see others manage to put the crosses in the wrong places also. Makes me feel a bit better about my mis-demeana

:bow: 

You might amazed at how often things like that happen!  :lol:  I know ive done it a number of times.   In my own typical fashion, I also didnt find out I did it till the 11 1/2 hour

Thanks everyone!  Gotta wait for the weekend for a chance to take some proper finished shots of Yellow 3 with my DSLR.  But I've freed up some time to get started on the Corsair build.  For something COMPLETELY different... I've also got a Meng Tiger II kit on the way.  My first armor project!

Wow and again wow, even thats not perfect for your eyes, but for my eyes she looks super perfect, really real and so amazing.

Ohhh your first armor project? You do nothing wrong with MENG John, i built a Leopard 1A5 by MENG, really great kits, perfect fit, i am excited of your work