Aviattic Ansaldo A.1 Finished!

ericg

7 hours ago, wunwinglow said:

What you mean is then, you just sanded the sharp corner off ?? 

Whoops!!!

Tim

G’day Tim,

Not really. The problem was is that I didn’t sand it there in the first place! If you read Afvmodellers post a page back, he had to put in two days to get that sharp edge. I missed the fact that it was supposed to be sharp in the first place and just glued the turtle deck on. Due to the fit of the part, I had to blend it in and thought it was rounded instead of sharp so resulted in the stripping and rework as seen.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments guys. 

I was was hoping to have this one ready for our local show last weekend, but halfway through rigging the model, I had to drop everything because this happened:

IMG_3200-X3.jpg

needless to say, once the dust had cleared, I was able to slip back into the man cave when nobody was watching and I spent a few hours finishing off this wonderful model. I rigged it with EZ-line and kept it simple by adding Bobs buckles brass tube. A hell of a challenging build due to its complex nature. Better photos soon!

IMG_3386-X3.jpg

IMG_3461-X3.jpg

IMG_3462-X3.jpg

IMG_3396-X3.jpg

IMG_3394-X3.jpg

Wow, congrats, Eric!!! Is it a boy or girl?

I don't think 'dust had cleared' is the right term. I think 'after room had been mopped up' might have been better. ;)

Anyway, the model looks spectacular. Love the weathering on the lowers. 

:goodjob: , as usual!

Congrats on the new baby, always an awesome time! The model is not bad either...well it is actually the most beautiful WWI model I have ever seen. I would love to build one too but I don’t have your skills. I look forward to your next build.

Cheers,

David

Well done on both models ;) !

Of course the one in the fisrt pic is much better, considering its complexity :) ...

Looking forward for your next one (plastic or resin thing I mean )

Hubert

Edited by Hubert Boillot