1:32 F-90 Superstar

Dandiego

Ok time for another update!? 2 updates in 2 days....what a concept.

Ok after thinking about how the intakes were going to fit for about a month I just decided to ....DO IT!

The first picture shows the sheet plastic cut to size, folded to fit, and sprayed flat aluminum.

DSCN3279_zpscaqxdyxm.jpg

The next is of the intake in the fuselage. You can see a basic shape of the compressor face. Didn't need to be that great because you will barely be able to see it when totally finished.

DSCN3280_zps5yg2c4a0.jpg

Here you can see all before installation. Oh yeah I actually primered the nose.

DSCN3281_zpsplq1f3ja.jpg

Right and left sides installed. I used a few bits of plastic to hold everything in position. Looks a little messy but what the hell.

DSCN3282_zps8z3l1hsr.jpg

DSCN3283_zpscg44dtwr.jpg

Time to finish skinning the fuselage.

Dan

Edited by Dandiego

Harold thanks for posting this video. I have seen it before. It is one of only 2 videos that I have ever seen on the F-90.

Dan

I would like to see some more videos of it from more angles and slower...

Edited by Harold

Intakes!

First picture is of the prep work. I have glued 2 guide pieces to the fuselage. These will serve as the foundation for all that follows.

DSCN3286_zpsra15buic.jpg

And then ....Well I didn't take a lot of pictures. But here is the opposite side build up, Bondoed, sanded and pretty much done. A few things to cleanup but this is basically it.

DSCN3285_zpso4aweqct.jpg

DSCN3284_zpsshyvryvn.jpg

Later, Dan

Edited by Dandiego

Great work, Dan !

If I may, the upper curve of the intake/fuselage joint looks flatter on the drawings and on Harv's video than what you have done ... The cross-section there (forward part of the upper intake fairing into the fuselage) looks also slighlly concave rather than convex, and overall flatter, which would explain why the upper line is not as rounded as you have built it.

Looking forward for more :popcorn:

Hubert