1:32 F-90 Superstar

Dandiego

San Diego show is usually the first week of June. There is just no way.

Biggest challenge will be the canopy and windscreen. This will make or break the project. Not looking forward to this part of the build.

Dan

San Diego show is usually the first week of June. There is just no way.

Biggest challenge will be the canopy and windscreen. This will make or break the project. Not looking forward to this part of the build.

Dan

Dan,

You could build an armature out of sheet styrene, pack and sand it with Aves, and vacuform it. A small vac rig could be made with a coffee can, there isn't much to them. I'll send a PM when I get home from work-

Lee, any info will be welcomed. You seem to be the vac king.I built a small vacform box years ago. Maybe it's time to make another. I didn't have much success, all of my pulls were paper thin.

Dan

• 3 weeks later...

I'm back.....

First up installing the cannon ports under the intakes. I gouged out a trough and super glued an aluminum tube.

20170402_084423_zpsipyvuk2z.jpg

Next cover the tubes with more Bondo, let it set, then file/sand to shape. Actually turned out better than I had hoped.

20170411_165041_zps5r8jnhyf.jpg

Adding some detail into the speed brake well. I'm just guessing here as the Detail and Scale book doesn't cover this area.

20170402_163538_zps4geyatht.jpg

Making a master for the canopy..

.20170402_163515_zpsccgk5pt8.jpg

Bondo and sand to shape.

20170411_165009_zpshmzizyqv.jpg

And a quick blast of primer to expose areas needing more work.

20170411_172251_zpsac5xx0le.jpg

Thats all for now.

Dan

Edited by Dandiego

Thanks Lee. A question for you. Can I vacform the canopy with my current shape? I am worried that the ribs might show through.

Dan

In cases like this, if I'm unsure, I'll vac a copy in white  .010" plastic, hit it with primer,and give it a light sanding  with 0000 steel wool to see if there are any ridges.  From the pics, it looks like there probably won't be any issues.

Thanks for all of the comments guys!

Next few tasks to complete,make a small vacform box, and sand out all blemishes over the whole model.

I am not looking forward to the sanding, boring!

Dan