Yak-3 Normandie Niemen expected in August

Jan_K

Awesome ...

I haven't really spent much time looking at the evolution of Soviet A/C ...

I have the IL2M (Stalingrad era) ... but nothing else ... I was looking at HpH's La.7 and Trumpeters MiG.3 as potentials as well as this one!

Anyone know how the above fare??

Rog 

The Trumpeter MiG-3 is a really nice build and is fairly accurate, I built one last year and enjoyed the project, here is the build http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=54562&hl=

Cheers

Dennis

Have to say those Normandie-Niemen markings are very striking and tempting. I especially like the use of victory crosses instead of red stars. I usually build aircraft flown by Polish pilots, but considering the limited use of the Yak 3 by the Polish Air Force, these are a great alternative.

Or maybe I'll buy two.

Richard

• 1 month later...

I'm curious how a Frenchman who flew for the pre-surrender French Air Force (against the Germans, then flew for the Vichy government (with the Germans), and then with the VVS (against the Germans).  You need a score card to keep up!

Indeed Jennings.

However keep in mind the main challenge to analyze history is the ability to remove the glasses of our time to put the ones used at that time...! These were troubled times and these guys were soldiers who had normally a single chain of command. So, if the government adopted an illegitimate stance, it was not easy refusing to obey... The guy did it finally when he decided to flee to be part of the Free French army. Simply, it would have been better if he did it sooner.

The example quoted by Martin is horrible but illustrates the fact that complying naturally with authority is a very common behavior whatever may be the circumstances...

Thierry