Yak-3 Normandie Niemen expected in August

Jan_K

The Yak-3 actually entered service much later than the Yak-1/7/9. Thus, the -1/7/9 are the "early Yak types", and the -3 is the late type. In fact, the Yak-3 was the last Yak fighter design to see WWII service. 

Looking forward to the kit, but somewhat disappointed that it is the -3.

D

Thanks for that D. Looks like that will be my 'representative' one then.

I much prefer inline types to radial engined, so I'd rather have a Yak than a La-5 for instance. Or a Bf 109 than an Fw190, or a Tony rather than any of the other Japanese types.

The upcoming Tempest II and a Zero must be the exceptions that prove my own rule!

There are Yak-9's and Yak-1b's out there in resin, if you really want one. Of course the Yak-1b looks a lot like the Yak-3. Would be nice to see some of the ground attack Yak's, like the Yak-9T or -9K.

Would really like to see a Pe-2!

I wonder if the Russian Aces boxing will be a 'Hi Tech' release as well?

It would be disappointing if the Normandie Nieman boxing was 'Hi Tech' but the other boxing wasn't.

I mean... what if you fancy the marking options in the Russian Aces boxing but also want the extra bits from the 'Hi Tech' release?

Buy both?

It would be disappointing if the Normandie Nieman boxing was 'Hi Tech' but the other boxing wasn't.

I mean... what if you fancy the marking options in the Russian Aces boxing but also want the extra bits from the 'Hi Tech' release?

Buy both?

Go for two - you can never go wrong :)

Cheers

Alan

Buy both?

I rather suspect the AM decal guys will come to the rescue, or certainly hope so anyway.

Go for two - you can never go wrong :)

Cheers

Alan

Actually, given the lack of Russian aircraft in 1/32, I probably WILL get at least 2.

I really wish Zvezda would get into 1/32... it would be so great to see their 1/48 offerings redesigned and tweaked to be released in the 1/32 scale.

Is there actually a yak 9 in resin at 1/32 scale ????

Which is the manufacturer ?

Regards topper71

Here's what's in our Kit Database:

http://www.largescaleplanes.com/kitdb/list.php?act=search&plane=yak-9

Silver Wings has announced one, but I don't know when it's coming, or if it still is. The other two kits are vacs.

Kev

So the Yak-9 is vaporware...

Would like to see a "solid" Yak-9 (i. e. no vacu). Lots of variants, lots of marking choices. Even for Korea, if you prefer.

Until that - lets build a Yak-3.

Or two.

Regards

- dutik

p.s. Eduard has released a set of PE soviet fighter seatbelts. Just in case they are lacking in the kit, or not up to your standards.