1/18 Spitfire Mk. XIVe - Race #80

airscale

Guest Peterpools

Peter

I need to come up for air. Awesome work but the word propeller engraved on the throttle .. what a touch!

Keep 'em coming

Peter

good day ladies :)

Stellar werk soos gewoonlik!

Take another look at the electrical gizmo cylinders. Have you missed a couple of bolt heads on the end caps? Details may have changed from the mkV to the Mk XIV, so I am not sure.

probably did yes, now I have dry fitted it you can barely see it so I am going tonleave as is - in fact I just dropped it so it is in a few bits at the moment :doh:

You'll be telling us next, that the throttle quadrant works...

well, the levers do move if thats any good :)

brilliant - thanks Mark, I will look to get some more, they are sooo useful..

..not much to show apart from painting - I have done most of the bits I have made..

WIP1137_zpsvxjm2bwd.jpg

WIP1136_zpscy2qbz4w.jpg

WIP1138_zpsbgtrgmrd.jpg

WIP1139_zps0konrdyw.jpg

WIP1140_zpswgow6atb.jpg

WIP1141_zpsgfalzsmv.jpg

WIP1142_zpspb1juejq.jpg

it all looks a bit sterile at the moment as I am trying to work out how best to approach moving forward - I could install, and weather what I have and then start trying to plumb in all the wiring (and there is a lot of it) but risk glue marks etc, or just finish assembly with all the plumbing and weather it as one....

I also need to decide which side to install the panel and seat bulkheads into as plumbing that side will be easier as I have access, once both sides are added so it becomes a pod like this

WIP1143_zpsaojs8ys1.jpg

things will become very tricky...

the plan is once at this stage I can add one further 'wall' which will be the bottom surface and that will carry the rudder pedals and control column ..

need to stop procrastinating and just get building...

TTFN
Peter

Superlative :excellent, magnificent, wonderful, marvelous, supreme, consummate, outstanding, remarkable, fine, choice, first-rate, first-class, premier, prime, unsurpassed, unequaled, unparalleled, unrivaled, preeminentace, wicked, brilliant

We're all running out of words Peter, so stop it!  :crying:

Chuck

Edited by chuck540z3