1/18 Spitfire Mk. XIVe - Race #80

airscale

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year folks :)

Sorry to say it's still been a bit quiet on the build front, what with the holidays, family staying and all the other distractions, but the bench has been tidied and I am nearly ready to go..

I did manage to work out the lower panel area (at least I think I did..) for the XIV by looking at a lot of photo's and changing the monforton drawings to suit what I could see..

WIP994_zpsfduodgna.jpg

so that will be up next,,

In the meantime, another distraction has been a wonderful Christmas present from my eldest daughter and her partner - it's a 1.1m span R/C Spitfire Mk1a, with loads of scale features - working flaps, retracting U/C, 3-bladed prop and is quite incredible for 'park scale'. They also got me the latest Transmitter and all you need to fly it (apart from experience!)

I have an R>C pusher trainer already so will learn on that before one day taking this to the air. I have not put markings on it as I would like to do a scale scheme and repaint & mask it and maybe some weathering etc..

There is a Tamiya paint pot to give a sense of scale, but I think it is about 1/10..

WIP995_zpsknr9h6g4.jpg

..scale details are really well done...

WIP998_zpsh1vw96ke.jpg

..and a little cheeky taxying...

WIP996_zpsdzqp9yl8.jpg

WIP997_zpsooucudcj.jpg

..I still can't believe they bought it all for me, and not only that, my youngest daughter got me a hangar tour at Biggin Hill with a 'sit in the cockpit' experience in one of their Spits  - they know how much I have been looking at Spitfires lately, but I am truly blessed (and humbled :))..

..so not much on Race #80, but at least this has been all about Spitfires :)

TTFN
Peter

Good stuff Peter (I love your R/C Spitfire - I can see you 'going to town' on that one colour scheme -wise!).

Spit%20fairing_zpsqe4imhxv.jpg

You have probably already worked this one out, the the three red-ringed items in the above image are the two forward hook attachments and the rear mounting point for both the Spitfire slipper tanks and the bomb carrier and was present on all Spitfires from Mk.V onwards (there is usually a small electrical socket door located just to the aft of the rear mounting point).

DSC00057.jpg

Spitfire S.31 (PR.XIX)

supermarine_spitfire_vb_bm597_03_of_43.j

supermarine_spitfire_vb_bm597_13_of_43.j

Spitfire V.b

Picture_027.jpg

Spitfire LF.IXe

Spitfire%20MK14%202.JPG

Spitfire Mk.XIV

Derek

Edited by Derek B