Stalled projects

Sgt Shultz II

Unforeseen problems can put a halt in my progress. I finally figured out why Revell have so crappy multi-part BF109 landing gear: it is so that you can use one of the parts for a flying option  :doh: 

So, with broken gears i have to make up my mind: buy replacements or make it flying. Will not happen overnight.

Eduard Brassin do bronze legs

http://www.eduard.com/store/out/media/632021.pdf

Tony

I get stalled on projects once the aspect that drew me in gets done, especially conversions. Like a Me262B2, with the stretched fuselage. Once the actual stretch was done, the allure went away. Similarly a SH P-39 with all kinds of little tidy-ups and the rear fuselage correction done now collects dust. That I'm getting as much done as quickly as it has been on the Fly Ar234 is more due to the desire to get it done to be done with it. A subject I'm only mildly interested in and a kit without love. My recent Do335 is stalled due to getting crunched while in transit. Though the damage has been repaired, my concentration has been broken on it.

Well, apparently I have the attention span of a gnat. I no sooner seem to get into the middle of something, then my interest gets drawn to something else. I joined this site in 2009, and since then have completed only two or three aircraft models (all WWI stuff), though I've started many. The same holds true for the many armor, aircraft, ship, sci-fi and car models I've begun; made good progress on many, have completed zero. I have some that are close to being roughly 90% finished, and keep vowing to complete them, but have no real idea when or if that will ever happen.

The stalled subjects I have are both 1/24 scale Airfix models (Spitfire Mk.V and P-51D) which I started before my skill level was sufficient to do them justice!

Once I've finished a few 1/32 scale subjects I'll revisit and hopefully complete them to the standard I want to.

No shelf of doom as such, just a workbench with a Swordfish, the fantasy Bearcat and the F3 Tornado conversion, plus a lot of unstarted kits in the stash. My problem is starting CAD projects, which take just, if not more research and preparation. Then I get distracted, which seems to be a common problem.

I think Anthony would win the prize for most beautiful half finished projects..I think he made a New Years resolution to finish one this year ☺ï¸

I'm in possession of a half finished kiwi A4K that is awaiting a long delayed cockpit detail set, from a certain very well known manufacturer..

My biggest problem is that I will set a goal for myself building a model, and try some technique that I haven't done before just to see if I can do it. When I get to the point where I have met the challenge, and the rest of the build is downhill, I put it on the shelf. Stupid but true. 

I have a Academy UH60 Pavehawk taking up some real estate, and a few other kits here and there. I get to the point on a build where I'm just honestly over it. I could care less, I'm not happy with the outcome, so I box it up and toss it aside. However, I take some pride in stating that I only have 3 builds like that, one of which I inherited so overall. I'm ok with how things are and how my shelf of doom really is. 

I have a few WIP's on here, my current status of work is running my own business and it takes up a lot of my time, add on chronic back pain I have little free time where I can sit comfortably and enjoy a build from start to finish... which is really annoying.

Just in case you stumbled upon any of mine, My builds are at -

-1/32nd AJ-1 Savage (scratch build) - Work is going on, I'm just not updating the thread nor taking photos as the work I'm doing is messy and long winded.. but hoping to have an update soonish.

-1/24th Buccaneer (resin) - On the bench, doing a massive clean up on parts... not updated thread for months.. (years?)

-1/35th Trumpeter Mil-4 - Stalled, Lost complete interest, wasn't happy with my finish and it got boxed up and never saw the light again when I moved house.

-1/32nd Vacform Lockheed Hudson, in the box, having thoughts where to go with it... I recently got it back out from the last house move and did quite a bit regarding the interior etc, but not sure what scheme to do it in, so I can't close the fuselage up until I make that decision.

I think that's it on here...

Edited by Radders