Tamiya's next 1:32 release will be....(your bet goes here)

is it windy yet?

IMHO the Mossie release had the biggest Impact on the market - even bigger than with the Runstang or Hog. I would really like to see the Bristol Beaufighter (would also fit to their 1/48 relase policy). Except the old Revell kit there ist None. Tamiya would break down open doors with a Beaufighter. :innocent:

Edited by Urs

I'd love a Tamiya 1/32 Beaufighter. Now that would truly be kit of the year, or decade.

It's also a realistic option for the future.

I'd also seriously love some second generation Russian jets like the Fishbed, Fishpot/Maiden and Flagon, but realise such is wholly unrealistic. Our best bet is Trumpeter, but I digress.

Still reckon a Mk.IV or NF.II Mossie for this year and a Wildcat, Hellcat or Jug for 2017.

Assuming Tamiya still is in this groove.

Tony

I guess Ive never really given the Hellcat its possible due as in regard to an eventual new Tamiya release.   It had by far and away the most kills in the PTO which would satisfy the guys who like to build with combat history, and seems like there are no fully accurate kits in 32nd as currently a kit bash with Trumpy wings, and a Has fuse is the way to go. 

I still say Its going to be a Jug (hopefully razorback!) but I would certainly take a Tamiya F6F!

Edited by Out2gtcha

• 2 months later...

I have it on serious revelation (my Ouija board) that it will be either the 1/32 Kate or Val.

If it is the Kate it will have the wood attachments to the torpedo that allows it to swim in the shallow water of Pearl Harbor.

It it is the Val it will feature the 14" battleship canon shells with the adapters that were used to make them into bombs as were used at Pearl Harbor.

Will that happen? Naw, you have to have guts to come out with models like that and expect them to sell them in the USA.

Yes, they will sell to dedicated model builders (like us).

But not to the general public who are looking for a  nice birthday gift for their grandson, Biff Barnstable, who spends his time playing electronic games while stoned out of his head. 

Of course, if Tamiya would include a swastika to slap on the tail then it would sell like hotcakes.

I have spoken!

The Val and Kate are being produced in 1/32 scale by Silver Wings, a highly regarded resin model kit manufacturer.

Tony

That is true.  However, the prices commanded by these resin kits is well beyond the means of many modelers and still others that just won't spend that kind of money on any model.  Tamiya won't do these as they're too esoteric to be of much value.  If Hasegawa were to do the D3A and the B5N, I think their approach to model kits would suit these aircraft very well and yet still be priced reasonably low enough to include a greater proportion of those modelers detailed above.

Stephen isn't averse to resin or whittling wood by all accounts. I don't own a single Silver Wings kit, but have heard great things about their models.

Agree about Hasegawa though, after they've done a Type 32 Zero, new tool Hayabusa and maybe a Suisen and Seiran - though Tamiya might be a better bet for the latter two, in the fulness of time.

Am looking forward to the comparison of the new tool Hasegawa Zero, due next month, with the existing Tamiya counterparts (albeit different subvariants). I will just watch and learn.

Tony