Tamiya

Growler

Close... You got the aircraft manufacturer correct, but add another engine and about 3 times the size, and you'll be dead on correct. :o

:wicked:.....starting with Com......and ending with Mando??...... :wicked: 

We really really really need a P-51B variant. And if Tamiya won't do it, then Dragon, or Kitty Hawk or Eduard or Hasegawa should get after it. It makes no sense to me, everyone and their brother has been screaming for one for what seems like forever and a day. I'm sure you would be able to break even and or surpass whatever your tooling and mfg. costs are in one year or less. 

Maybe I'm wrong, who knows, but it would be nice to get a new tooled kit. 

Tamiya will surely follow their 1/48 release politics. IMHO the release of a F4F-4 Wildcat or a P-51B would be plausible.

Early new generation 1/48 releases were:

(and l expect same release order in 1/32)

P-51B

Spitfire l

Spitfire Vb

Dewoitine D.520( which l would prefer in 1/32)

F-4F-4Wildcat( which l would prefer in 1/32)

Bf109E

Fw190A-3

FW190F-8

Guest Peterpools

Pulling for a Hawker Hurricane Mk Ia.

Of course we have a long way to go, as he next release should be a variant of the Mosquito relapsed this year.

Peter

Okay, my 2 cents worth (all 1/32 of course and not really in any order of preference): F6F-3/5 Hellcat, F4U-1D Corsair, P-47D razorback, P-51B/C Mustang and Hurricane Mk.I/II.

I could see a F-86 and think it would do well.  To me it is a given that they should do a P-51B, a P-40B or an F6-F.  I think they have a sense now these are big hits if they pick the right subject.  I think they will pick a subject that they know will do well.  There are so many kits they can do that are a guaranteed hit, I think it is going to be a long time before they stray to far in the 1/32 relm.  They can be more daring in 1/48 and 1/35 as these are not such big investments.