Tan model F-111

Rob Colvin

Dear Friends;

I would like to thank all forum members for your kind words and sincere approach. I will be happy to share any progress we achieve in our projects. Most of our projects are within your interested scale range. Thus, I believe I will be more active in your forum from now on :rolleyes: 

Regards,

Baris

TANMODEL

Dear Friends;

I would like to thank all forum members for your kind words and sincere approach. I will be happy to share any progress we achieve in our projects. Most of our projects are within your interested scale range. Thus, I believe I will be more active in your forum from now on :rolleyes:

Regards,

Baris

TANMODEL

Has any decision been made as to what versions of the F-111 you will produce?  I'll certainly purchase a couple of them regardless of the cost and I want to welcome you to our very friendly forums!

Has this company produced any 32nd scale kits before? Never heard of them.

Chuck

Until the buzz started on LSP (Its the only forum I really go to) I had not heard of Tan before either.

Baris,

Would it be possible for you to share some of your work with us?

What's your mark preference ? I'm assuming the era before the digital-updates of the 1990s (AMP, AUP and Pacer Strike, which were all unique and relatively short-lived)...

...Allowing for the fact that the F-111A/C/E shared common fuselages, the E having different inlets, the C longer wings and diff wheel hubs, I'd say an F-111A/E joint boxing would make the most sense. This could grow into an F/RF-111C and EF-111A later relatively easily.

...Or the F-111D/F ? Different cockpits and engine nozzles, and the later Pave Tack cradle & pod on the F. This would effectively mean an F-111F-only boxing for a Libya 86 or Desert Storm 92 strike jet, and again might be a logical outgrowth from an initial A/E boxing ?

I would submit that the F-111B was constantly changing, making only 2-3 prototypes doable from any one boxing. Far too esoteric.

The FB-111A/F-111G joint boxing would make more sense later on, after wings and wheels had been done already for an F-111C. Even then, a different nose barrel, tail hour glass, pylons and brand new stores would be required.

What do you think (intelligent responses preferred) ?

Tony

What's your mark preference ? I'm assuming the era before the digital-updates of the 1990s (AMP, AUP and Pacer Strike, which were all unique and relatively short-lived)...

...Allowing for the fact that the F-111A/C/E shared common fuselages, the E having different inlets, the C longer wings and diff wheel hubs, I'd say an F-111A/E joint boxing would make the most sense. This could grow into an F/RF-111C and EF-111A later relatively easily.

...Or the F-111D/F ? Different cockpits and engine nozzles, and the later Pave Tack cradle & pod on the F. This would effectively mean an F-111F-only boxing for a Libya 86 or Desert Storm 92 strike jet, and again might be a logical outgrowth from an initial A/E boxing ?

I would submit that the F-111B was constantly changing, making only 2-3 prototypes doable from any one boxing. Far too esoteric.

The FB-111A/F-111G joint boxing would make more sense later on, after wings and wheels had been done already for an F-111C. Even then, a different nose barrel, tail hour glass, pylons and brand new stores would be required.

What do you think (intelligent responses preferred) ?

Tony

Makes perfect sense to me and the best way to extract multiple releases out of one kit.

Edited by Vitali

The Raven was built from the A. If the "speed bumps" (the fuselage fairings near the horizontal tail) and lower fuselage housing the weapons bay was modular surely the EF-111A would be a relatively simple growth from the baseline A/E ?

The FB-111A / F-111G would require a unique nose barrel, pylons, weapons, hour glass fuel dump, and that's even *after* F-111C longer span wings and heavier duty MLG wheels and a generic F-111F MK.IIB cockpit had been made.

The F/RF-111C would have a bigger following ?

Regardless, I feel the main things to avoid are the nose avionics bays. Focus needs to be on the intakes, cockpit, weapons bay and LG wells.

Or do you differ on that ?

Tony

Some very interesting future projects - especially the F-5 family and the F-111 surely are excellent additions for us 1/32nd scale geeks.

Regarding the Phantom family - and I really don't want to be harsh or offensive here - I personally think it's a total waste of resources. There simply is no 'need' for a new 1/32nd scale Phantom as the existing kits are pretty good (Tamiya) or pretty cheap (and quite good - Revell) and all of them are easily available. Why not scaling up your RF-84 first? Well, as a model company, you probably have a marketing department which has thought about which kits to release. I hope you prove I am wrong - I wish you all the best! :)

Some very interesting future projects - especially the F-5 family and the F-111 surely are excellent additions for us 1/32nd scale geeks.

Regarding the Phantom family - and I really don't want to be harsh or offensive here - I personally think it's a total waste of resources. There simply is no 'need' for a new 1/32nd scale Phantom as the existing kits are pretty good (Tamiya) or pretty cheap (and quite good - Revell) and all of them are easily available. Why not scaling up your RF-84 first? Well, as a model company, you probably have a marketing department which has thought about which kits to release. I hope you prove I am wrong - I wish you all the best! :)

All of the new releases do look very nice!    However, and no offense intended here,  but I tend to agree with Starfighter on the point of the normal F-4. Besides the exhausts, the raised BDR panels, and the intakes and rubber tires, the Tamiya kit builds REALLY nice, and Im not sure how much a new F-4 C/D/E/J would really be needed.

NOW that being said, I can see a new tool full kit GR.1 Spay F-4 selling like HOTCAKES!      My personal opinion (likely worthless as I am NO businessman) is that if the expense to produce a new F-4 kit from step 0 is equal, or even REMOTELY close, in expenditure to produce a F-4D/E/J as it might be to produce a GR.1, any effort and/or expense sunk into R&D for a new Phantom kit would be MUCH MUCH better served spent on a GR.1.................................

Seems SO many people want a Brit Phantom, but its SO cost prohibitive, that no company seems to be able to put a conversion out for a current F-4 kit .............and so far none of the large main stream manufacturers seem willing to put out a full kit.

Edited by Out2gtcha