Will we get any more 1/32 kits from Hasegawa?

SeaVenom

As a resident of Japan I can tell you that Hasegawa caters to the Japanese modeler.  Axis WW2 aircraft are the most popular modeling subjects over here so expect them to follow along those lines in the future.  They'll throw in an occasional Allied subject but the Luftwaffe and IJA/IJN stuff are their bread and butter.

God, I hope you're right Mikester.  This company (Hasegawa) gives us great IJN/IJA subjects in 1/32 and I certainly hope that national pride in their products (in spite of the politics of that time) gives us some more greats in 1/32.

I think you'll see more Japanese aircraft, there's really not the sense of national guilt here like there is in Germany over WW2.  Hasegawa seems to like to play it safe though, I wouldn't expect anything real esoteric or too far from the beaten path.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Kate or Val from them.   Even another Zero but I think there's scope for more Allied aircraft that could do with new tools in 1/32.   Most of the main well known German and Japanese fighter aircaft have probably been done in 1/32 by them or other companies.    Possibly the same with US fighters.

Not 100% sure off the top of my head, but are there any Japanese planes in 1/32 that aren't fighters? It would seem glaringly obvious that anyone stepping up with a torpedo bomber or maybe a small twin-engine would have an instant money press (providing they don't bork it up) and it is so puzzling it hasn't happened yet.

I'm there with you Ron... a wee pricey for me.So, I practice my patience, and wait. I'm sort of long past having to be the first kid on the block with a kit, except maybe the odd WNW kit. I'd really like to see Hase do a two seater. Japanese. Pretty much almost anything.

As a resident of Japan I can tell you that Hasegawa caters to the Japanese modeler.  Axis WW2 aircraft are the most popular modeling subjects over here so expect them to follow along those lines in the future.  They'll throw in an occasional Allied subject but the Luftwaffe and IJA/IJN stuff are their bread and butter.

Is that why Tamiya has niched themselves into Spits, Mustangs, Corsairs etc in 1/32 - to have their, well niche?

I would love to see Hasegawa do a first class P-38 Lightning in 1/32. I think it deserves better than the ancient Revell or the more recent Trumpeter kit. Lots of interesting camouflage and markings not to mention the historical significance of this innovative aircraft. Maybe even Zoukei Mura, Revell of Germany or Tamiya would consider my request. I can only hope!! One can always dream.

I would love to see Hasegawa do a first class P-38 Lightning in 1/32. I think it deserves better than the ancient Revell or the more recent Trumpeter kit. Lots of interesting camouflage and markings not to mention the historical significance of this innovative aircraft. Maybe even Zoukei Mura, Revell of Germany or Tamiya would consider my request. I can only hope!! One can always dream.

Oh man, I am totally right there with you!!!

• 2 weeks later...