Will we get any more 1/32 kits from Hasegawa?

SeaVenom

I know we'll get more reissues of existing kits with new colour schemes etc (that's all Hasegawa seem to do these days with most of their kits) but Hasegawa seemed to release a new 1/32 kit every year or so a while back., but the last new kit I seem to remember was the George.

I'd like to see a new Hurricane, Brewster Buffalo and a Mk1 Spitfire in 1/32.   .  

I really do not care at all about Hasegawa.

The early management in  he 1960-70's issued models in 1/32 of all sorts of good planes, 'Tween wars U.S. fighters, WW2 fighters, etc.

But I think the old generation who ran the shop either retired or died off.

Now we  have the new group of directors, probably graduates of business schools with no real love for the product or subject matter.

Why aren't they continuing to produce more models of Japanese aircraft of WW2? The Val, the Kate, the Jake, the Pete;, etc. etc.

The first generation who starred and ran the company had cohones, had strong feelings for what they were producing. For them it apparently was a labor of love, they loved what they were doing, which is normal for these types of companies. The next generation have feelings only for the money they can make. That seems to be the case with many of these companies who produce models.

The current crop of directors? Nuts.

Stephen

I don't know the answer to the question, but my response is, I certainly hope so. I'm a big fan of the new generation LSP's they've produced. A basic kit, reasonably priced, nicely engineered, easy and quick to build. I like the new generation Tamiya LSP's, but they have so many bells &whistles (and cost!) that I much prefer the Hase approach. 

Guest Clunkmeister

Agreed, they should stick to WW2 Japanese subjects. We need the Val, Kate, Nick, Betty, to name a few, plus ALL their floatplanes/flying boats to start.

That will keep them busy for years, and they'll sell gazillions of them.

I love the Japanese subjects, and I gave several examples of each of the releases so far.

Simple, fun builds which look awesome OOB or gussied up with loads of AM.

I marvel at the complexity of the Tamiya kits, but I really wish Hasegawa would do more 1/32 in their typical simple way. I'd be happy with adding belts and aftermarket decals but the complexity of Tamiya is daunting. I have the Mosquito in the stash, and I see where i'll be either be leaving a good part of the kit in the spares box or permanently covered. For me, it's getting to the point where I'd be happy to open the box, add the wings, canopy and landing gear, then paint, decal, weather and display. Say 15-20 parts in total. Hasegawa is the closest to this, hope to see more from them.

Don

The Hasegawa 1/48 Val, Kate and Jill kits are very nice kits. I hope they doe these eventually in 1/32 as they really deserve the bigger scale treatment. Add to that Fine Molds 1/48 Judy but I doubt we'll see that from Fine Molds in 1/32.

Edited by joe

I think they will.

I would love to get a P-51B, P-40B, P-38, or a number of other allied types from Hasegawa. However, if they keep introducing new and/or retooled IJA/IJN subjects like they have been, I would love that just as much, since other companies don't really seem to be touching that area and Hasegawa is doing a darn fine job of it.

John

Guest Smitty44

If someone molded a Betty, they would be rewarded..... I think. I would love to have Yamamoto's coffin on my shelf!!

Edited by Smitty44