pilot and crews figures by Reedoak

norbert

• 1 month later...
Hello

So after some russian, USAAF and british pilots, here are the first WW2 french pilots from Reedoak

48z_zpscb7ycrlt.jpg

48za_zpsr0hebgzy.jpg

Depicted are the french ace Marin la Meslée (20 victories, H-75, P-40, P-39, P-47) and a mechanics in ceremonial uniform 

Shown here in 1/48 but they will come also in 1/32 and 1/72

With the help of BA133 airbase, many thanks to them

Norbert

• 2 weeks later...

A figure standing relaxed does nothing for me.

I want action.

I want a gunner crouching facing backwards in a WW1 Fe-2b shooting at a Hun Fokker aircraft over his pilot's head.

I want a pilot aiming at an enemy aeroplane as he fires his Lewis guns or Spandaus.

I want a naked lady in a provocative pose taking a bath in the gun tub of a DH-2.

Action! Camera!, Roll 'em!

Someone standing there with his hand in his pocket?  What is he doing, playing with himself? Where is the interest in that? Where is the action? Where is the blood spurting out of the row of machine gun bullets across his back?  Where is the pilot trying to fight the flames that are about to consume him in his Me-109? Flames call for the efforts of a real sculptor! I want the 17 year old Japanese pilot waving his samurai sword out the cockpit of his bomb laden Zero as he is about to Kamakazi into the deck of an American aircraft carrier.

All I see are airline pilots fighting boredom as they prepare to pilot a flight of the Ladies Auxiliary Mahjong club on a flight from Cucamonga, California to Oshkosh, Wisconsin with an exciting stopover in Rantoul, Illinois. 

If one wants a civilian pilot let him be flying a flight of 50 kilos of uncut Heroin across the border into an obscure landing field in West Texas where members of a rival Cartel are engaged in a fire fight with a bunch of DEA agents.

Put some excitement into the modeling.

Otherwise all we get is Zzzzzzzzz.

Boooreing! :popcorn: