Trumpeter A-7E Corsair II "SLUF"

pouikpouik

Hi everyone,

Here's my newest finished model A-7E Corsair II from Trumpeter. I started up the building for around 1 year, mostly out-of-box except the seat that I added some putty AB to look realistic. The cockpit and seat-belts details are good. One thing I don't like is the shape of the fuel tank totally wrong, the intake duct is wrong too but acceptable.

During the work, i didn't satisfy with the intake duct needing a lot of sanding and putty inside so I scratched the cover for it and the afterburner too, for hiding the gap and make the model look different. I'm happy with the result anyway! need to recess the surface ( the rivets and restrained lines are too low at some places).

Paint is always from Mr.Color lacquer, for Clear cotte I used Future. The effect is unbelievable for decal applying, at the end I sprayed some Matt varnish from Winsor acrylic artist paint.

The most bored step is making the Mk.82 Snake-eyes bombs. 18 in total but the look that your monster loaded heavily is terrified!!

For guys who plan to build this kit, I have some warnings:

- According to the instruction, applying decal number “NH 300†of the right wing on the upper side, not down side.

- If you choose A-7E for Vietnam war's version , the ejection seat installed is ESCAPAC 1G -2,  included in the box without instruction but you can build it easily. Trumpeter guides the late version.

- If you choose to make in-flight wing position, you have to reinforce the wingfold joins. Closing engine bays or avionic bays need sanding, adding styrene. Trumpeter is not good for this.

Except those things, building this kit is fun.

Enjoy and hope you all like it.

Ha Pham.

gS9o61Q.jpg

rUcIiDL.jpg

fqMbp5D.jpg

xq67tnl.jpg

JcW9FR4.jpg

MwvCA1y.jpg

NHBqvuA.jpg

MZfj9uq.jpg

Edited by pouikpouik