New 1/32 Sabre Dog on it's way!

Royboy

In all honesty I'm more interested in 70's/80's jets - Jaguar, Harrier GR.3, Sea Harrier, Buccaneer, Phantom FGR.2, Mirage F1, Mirage 2000, Super Etendard, Draken, Viggen, not much interested in 50's, 60's or modern stuff, though I wish you all the very best.

Edited by Kagemusha

In all honesty I'm more interested in 70's/80's jets - Jaguar, Harrier GR.3, Sea Harrier, Buccaneer, Phantom FGR.2, Mirage F1, Mirage 2000, Super Etendard, Draken, Viggen, not much interested in 50's, 60's or modern stuff, though I wish you all the very best.

I think it truly is about what we grew up around, and what we liked as a kid IMHO.

A many as it takes......... :P

Whew! 

Well then since it technically only takes 1 to say that air-frame has been modeled, it looks like we are about 15 kits over the required amount and kit manufactures can finally start getting us some unique air-frames that cant be readily identified by any 6 year old who has watched TV or read a book.

:rolleyes:

Whew! 

Well then since it technically only takes 1 to say that air-frame has been modeled, it looks like we are about 15 kits over the required amount and kit manufactures can finally start getting us some unique air-frames that cant be readily identified by any 6 year old who has watched TV or read a book.

:rolleyes:

You know all of the following, but here it is anyway.

Manufacturing of models does not have to be a 'zero-sum game'. A 109, 190 or P-51 doesn't necessarily preclude an F-101, 102 or  106 in a line up.  As an example look at Trumpeter's 1/24 109 series. Maybe not the most accurate, but they sold a bunch which helped grow their business and enabled them to produce a wider range of kits in all scales. 

I'd love, and buy, any of the Century fighters above in large scale, maybe we'll get something in the near future, hope so.

However, you and I are not the general public and unless the model companies can make a profit by selling lots of kits very few will stay in business. (Exception: WNW.)

Don't despair, Kagnew is there.    :)

You know all of the following, but here it is anyway.

Manufacturing of models does not have to be a 'zero-sum game'. A 109, 190 or P-51 doesn't necessarily preclude an F-101, 102 or  106 in a line up.  As an example look at Trumpeter's 1/24 109 series. Maybe not the most accurate, but they sold a bunch which helped grow their business and enabled them to produce a wider range of kits in all scales. 

I'd love, and buy, any of the Century fighters above in large scale, maybe we'll get something in the near future, hope so.

However, you and I are not the general public and unless the model companies can make a profit by selling lots of kits very few will stay in business. (Exception: WNW.)

Don't despair, Kagnew is there.    :)

Cant argue with that.

• 2 months later...

I think it truly is about what we grew up around, and what we liked as a kid IMHO.

This is so true. Ask any Formula One fan which era was 'The Greatest' - with the best drivers, the best-looking cars, the most exciting races - and they'll inevitably tell you it's the era when they first started following the sport.

I'm glad we're getting some 1/32 1950's jets. I may not buy any (although I'd be tempted with the F-86D/K), but I know that some people will, and for them I'm happy. Being a WWI modeller, I well remember what the wilderness was like - thank goodness we now have Roden, Special Hobby and WNW!.

One thing I don't get, though, is when people post 'What we really need is a 1/32...'. You actually mean 'What I really want is a 1/32...'.