New Revell Spitfire Mk II build

ironman1945

Just a short note to clarify folks. King_K series won't be on LSP any longer. 

Every opportunity was afforded but the combative, unrepentant tone was not adjusted.

This is evidence of our resolve to ensure LSP remains civil irrespective of someones talent as a modeller or passion for a subject. It's also evidence of my resolve to ensure the welfare of my staff who have had undue levels of angst having to deal with the fallout from the various threads.

It's always the staffs preference to moderate in a way that facilitates diversity and respect for each members opinions...including King_K series's.  There's no moderating manual and despite the best of intentions its innevitable that our interventions don't always meet with universal satisfaction.  Unfortunately we sometimes encounter intransigence and this, as opposed to being accomodating, makes us as mods far more likely to dig our heels in.

I'd have rathered things be different but it is what it is.

Matty

Hello Matty, wasn't there any another way to take, like warning point or opening / transferring part of the discussion to another topic. I can see that King K was certainly passionate about the Spitfire. But I would not say disrespectful or out of topic. Maybe I am missing out something, not following the tone of this thread(English is not my first language), it's just seems to be harsh to kick him out. On  the positive side, I do not know much about Mk.2 and Spitfires generally , so the discussion,,,, well I learn something new.

Well, just my 2c.

Cheers

Martin

It should be noted that the general membership does not see everything, original un-moderated posts, hidden posts, PM's to staff and the pages and pages of discussions between staff behind the scenes on how to keep the vibe of LSP on track.  Matty made the right call.

LSP Ron

Another company will be announcing Spitfire update bits shortly

Both sorts of props and spinners, oil cooler etc...

They don't want to reveal precise details yet (although I have suggested to the contrary)

N

Guest Dekenba

Looking on the bright side, it still leaves the market open for Tamiya to give us an early Spitfire.

I would have thought the market for a MkI/II would be greater than, say, a Mk VIII because of the Battle of Britain?

Matts (and the moderators) actions are fully understandable - the considerations of the LSP membership must come first. I look forward to knowing more about the forthcoming AM parts for the Revell kit, but would still love to see some form of difinitive tweak list for the kit explaining what corrections are need to create a representative BoB Mk.1 Spitfire.

Derek

It's a great pity that debate can degrade into a (I know more than you do?) type of thread.

Perhaps a football (soccer) type yellow card would work?

If a member failed to recognise the yellow than a red would then be issued and all that members conversations would be withdrawn from the thread.

Three red cards would end your membership for one year?

Just a thought, it's a shame it's a straight 'off the field' before a 'legal' warning is issued to the member publicly.

I do agree with the decision, obviously the polite way of warning was not recognised!

From the threads on the topic, it sounds like there are a few possibilities for configuration of a BoB Spit.  

Since the BoB took place over months, it seems that it might be possible to see some features on specific airframes and not on others.  Some might be depot applied as damaged airframes were repaired, some might be modified in the field, and others would be implemented on the production line.  External items in these categories could be props; windscreen (armor); aerial mast; rudder aerial attachment; etc.  It would be great if someone more knowledgable might be able to make a listing of items that could be "in play" during May-Sept 1940 that would be helpful as things to look for when examining photos of the aircraft one wants to model.

Therefore, it would seem that the best course of action is to find a photo (or even better photos) of the airframe you want to model, and then, along with the date in time the model will be modeled as, determine which features need to be modified.

Doug

There is no set standard of equipment. Consecutive airframes can differ from each other. I tried to find a certain

Halifax cockpit standard, couldn't find any. All info I found differed. You have to draw the line somewhere.

Cees

It's a great pity that debate can degrade into a (I know more than you do?) type of thread.

Perhaps a football (soccer) type yellow card would work?

If a member failed to recognise the yellow than a red would then be issued and all that members conversations would be withdrawn from the thread.

Three red cards would end your membership for one year?

Just a thought, it's a shame it's a straight 'off the field' before a 'legal' warning is issued to the member publicly.

I do agree with the decision, obviously the polite way of warning was not recognised!

In fairness Roy, I think the yellow card was shown more than once, on top of gentler warnings... The red one appears sadly justified in this case, although it is a pity that adult people cannot just adjust their behaviour and abate their own incense before that...

Hubert.