Tamiya's big Spit

Wolf Buddee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

2 and a half days, That's what it took to get Tamiya's big Spitfire done! It's hard to believe that it's finally finished. I installed the cowl panels for the first two pics just to show that after everything was all said and done they still fit reasonably well. Not perfect but not all that bad either. I was quite surprised. They are quite fiddly to install, especially the side panels as they have to be manipulated around the exhaust so it's quite unlikely I'll be taking them on or off to many times. Now that she's finished, my opinion of this kit hasn't changed from the day I opened the box. What an incredible feat of engineering on Tamiya's part. This is one of the most magnificent kits I've ever has the pleasure to build. All comments and critique welcome and I want to thank all those that helped me with photos, drawings, books, and encouragement to see this one through to the end. This was truly an international effort!

Cheers,

Wolf

Spit-1_zps28fdd912.jpg

Spit-2_zps25283d34.jpg

Spit-7_zps48d7f35b.jpg

Spit-5_zpsd30cfdfa.jpg

Spit-6_zpsa1d4aad2.jpg

Spit-3_zps953bfc46.jpg

Spit-4_zps649eec57.jpg

Wolf,

I don't know what I can add to what's already been said. This goes beyond impressive in its execution and balance. At its worst, its museum quality work presented by a Master.

Cheers

Geoff

Not only a master modeler at work on one of the finest builds I've ever seen, but the whole build should be published somewhere as a Master Class. Given the recent book about building the HE-219, I would think this aircraft is even more deserving of being published for the hobby.

Thank you, Wolf, for sharing so generously with your efforts. I doubt I could attempt (let alone bring off) 50% of your scratch-built details, but they are truly fantastic.

"lo mio maestro e 'l mio autore"